Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have my R/T for 2 years in a few days. There hasn't been one problem with my baby since. Called dealer for the 30,000 mile work-up. He tells me tune up 150.00 (but didn't mention LABOR costs). I asked if I did it myself would that be ok with warranty, answer is yes as long as you save receipts for the plugs and whatever. I know I need pads in the front too.... will do that myself also, and thats ok with them too. Same answer was given. All I'm really having them do is State Inspection/ Emissions and a "life blood" change w/filter, and its ok to bring my own oil (Mobil 1).

What I should have asked if I need to bring in the receipts so they can log them into the maintenance log/book (for the record).

Damm shes a good car!!!! Still runs like day 1, but I do think its much faster now.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I will have my R/T for 2 years in a few days. There hasn't been one problem with my baby since. Called dealer for the 30,000 mile work-up. He tells me tune up 150.00 (but didn't mention LABOR costs). I asked if I did it myself would that be ok with warranty, answer is yes as long as you save receipts for the plugs and whatever. I know I need pads in the front too.... will do that myself also, and thats ok with them too. Same answer was given. All I'm really having them do is State Inspection/ Emissions and a "life blood" change w/filter, and its ok to bring my own oil (Mobil 1).

What I should have asked if I need to bring in the receipts so they can log them into the maintenance log/book (for the record).

Damm shes a good car!!!! Still runs like day 1, but I do think its much faster now.
Time flies, eh Rich?

I never looked. Is 30,000 miles a dealer thing or does Dodge recommend that in the manual?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Time flies, eh Rich?

I never looked. Is 30,000 miles a dealer thing or does Dodge recommend that in the manual?
Mike, I'm not sure what it says in the manual, but I see Chargers here going in for a 30k checkup. I need pads for sure (fast driver then hard stops all the way to work and back) and I'm not going to change that, not with all the ricers and Rustangs I see along the way, they gotta know who's the BOSS!. Not sure if the tune up is mandatory, but people here are doing them at 30k looks like.

The funny thing is my wifes 07' SunBurst Orange Caliber R/T is going in too for the first time. She's had it a year also and only has 2,000 miles on it!!!! We both fall on the same month for Inspection/Emissions too. I have Mobil 1 going in her car as well.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Nice, congrats! If memory serves, Friday will be the two year anniversary of me ordering my car.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
happy BD Rich......enjoyed those late night chats we used to do....especially the one that got the original "do not delete" (was called something else but I cant remember)....deleted.....I think that naked snow bunny you posted had something to do with it...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
She's a Great car my friend, and for me her anniversary is next month, and she deserves some Stiletto's!!!
:grin:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thats crazy I just thought about mine today I have 31,000 miles and she will be 2 in December.....

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Congrats and keep enjoying.

·
Registered
953 Posts
mine will be 2 in oct.
no problems
great car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts