Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove the red R/T badge on the front of my grille because i'm gonna mod it a little and/or I may even replace it with the old school chrome charger emblem. I was just wondering the easiest way to remove the front RED R/T emblem. I was told it "clips" onto the grille but do I need to actually unclip it from inside (underneath the hood) or is there a way to get it off and back on without ever opening the hood?

And the 2nd question was for the front and rear "PLASTIC RAM HEAD" emblems. I ordered replacements from BT and was thinking the original RAM emblems are just glued on --- what's the safest/easiest way to remove them? I was thinking a small flat head screwdriver right underneath them but figured i'd ask people who have already removed theirs in case there's a more simple way. :nervous s

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I need to remove the red R/T badge on the front of my grille because i'm gonna mod it a little and/or I may even replace it with the old school chrome charger emblem. I was just wondering the easiest way to remove the front RED R/T emblem. I was told it "clips" onto the grille but do I need to actually unclip it from inside (underneath the hood) or is there a way to get it off and back on without ever opening the hood?

And the 2nd question was for the front and rear "PLASTIC RAM HEAD" emblems. I ordered replacements from BT and was thinking the original RAM emblems are just glued on --- what's the safest/easiest way to remove them? I was thinking a small flat head screwdriver right underneath them but figured i'd ask people who have already removed theirs in case there's a more simple way. :nervous s
I would like to know also about the back emblem.
The front has a stud attached and you remove it from under the hood area.
be careful with a small screwdriver not to damage your rear deck.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

the only way to remove the front rt emblem without "uncliping" it is to break it. Just take off the radiator covers and attack it from the inside. The front rams head is on by a plastic bolt, just unscrew it. the back one is double sided tape but don't use a screw driver, you will scratch your paint, use fishing line. good luck bro

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. I went ahead and took the R/T front emblem off -- there are three metal (bendable-type) clips you have to push down or up depending on the clip and it comes right off. The key is removing the radiator covers like mentioned.

I also saw the bolt that holds the front ram emblem on and was wondering what size socket i'd need to take it off? I could always try a few but couldn't hurt to know exactly which one, right? :nervous s

And on the back ram emblem I don't have any fishing line (haven't fished in years) although I could get some -- has anyone else used any other simple method to get the back ram emblem off?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
thanks for the info. I went ahead and took the R/T front emblem off -- there are three metal (bendable-type) clips you have to push down or up depending on the clip and it comes right off. The key is removing the radiator covers like mentioned.

I also saw the bolt that holds the front ram emblem on and was wondering what size socket i'd need to take it off? I could always try a few but couldn't hurt to know exactly which one, right? :nervous s

And on the back ram emblem I don't have any fishing line (haven't fished in years) although I could get some -- has anyone else used any other simple method to get the back ram emblem off?
I used dental floss on the rear. Take a couple of pieces cause floss isnt as tough as fishing line. I am thinking the front was a 12mm. If your using a socket it needs to be a deepwell socket since the stud is kinda long.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, dental floss -- that sounds interesting -- i'll try it especially since I read fishing line caused a couple of people to damage their paint when removing the side moldings.

Other then a deep wall socket what else could I use to unscrew the plastic bolt? I have to go back to see how much room I have to see if pliars would work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used a hair dryer to add a little heat to the rear emblems once the glue warms up they come right off, then a little goo gone to get the glue off, no damage and you cant tell they were ever there. The hood emblem was easy also I used a deep well socket (cant remember what size).

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The front emblem was a little difficult b/c of the cheap plastic screw. I don't have a deep well socket so I used a good pair of pliers to loosen the bolt and about halfway there (since I didn't have much room to use the pliers) I went ahead and used a 13mm Socket wrench to remove the bolt completely. I freakin' dropped the bolt, fortunately I could see it and a real long magnetic screwdriver picked it right up. But it was a 13MM socket that fit perfectly -- the 12mm was too small.

The rear emblem I tried the dental floss -- put two pieces together and wedged back and forth -the damn CHROME EMBLEM came right off -- popped right off the black part --lol. I do have some sticker remover goo gone but there is a ton of thick adhesive left i'll use the plastic small spatula type thingy to remove the rest of the adhesive.

Now i'm sitting pretty waiting on the BT emblems to arrive. : ) My only question with those BT emblems is do they BOTH use double sided adhesive or does the front also screw on like the original?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just put mine on today. The front comes with a screw stud, flat washer, lock washer and a nut. I also added a hair of threadlock for would be thiefs. The rear will be a tape on replacement.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stroguy,

your saying you got BT emblems and the front comes with a screwtype just like the original? Also, is the rear emblem "pre-taped" where you just remove the plastic over the back and stick it on or did you go and buy 2-sided tape?

I used dental floss as suggested I think I mentioned there was a lot of adhesive behind. I put the goo gone (STICKER REMOVER) on that and it wiped right off -- took a few applications to get it 100% clean -- looks great. Now i'm ready for my BT emblems to come.

I didn't choose anything fancy -- I was going to do a hypocycloid but decided i'll do that somewhere else. Since i'm more of an OEM guy I stuck with the OEM ram -- looks mean though and certainly better then the plastic looking cheap emblems on there.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I only got the front emblem and it is a bolt/nut connection.

The rear you are going to need to drill 2 holes in the gate, remove the interior panel. Pre tighten all nuts with a 200lb torque wrench, har har har, just kidding.

I don't know if the rear will come with tape preapplied. It's cheap at autozone, just make sure you get the kind for emblems, it's very low profile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts