Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cliff notes: both lightly modded, 91 Octane gas, no ice, 3rd gear, big fan blowing.

mine: '06 385rwhp / 382 rwtq
his: '07 380rwhp / 370 rwtq

My buddy (ex CTS-V owner) and I dyno'd our Silver SRT-8s today. Yes, he's a major dork getting one like mine! We were both pleased with the results.

MINE: 28k miles, mods: Mopar CAI, 180tstat, manifold spacer, Magnaflow cats/catback
HIS: 6k miles, mods: AFE CAI, 180tstat, Flowmaster mufflers in place of the suitcase, stock rear resonators/mufflers.

Reason I'm so happy is my CAI-only run a while back was 370rwhp, 355rwtq with 93+ Octane. I was always disappointed with my torque #s. I believe the cooler temp helps this, not to mention the hi-flow cats.

A couple of other performance related #s from the drag strip. "Drag prep" means icing, fronts w/ higher psi, extra 'weight' removed from the car and 100 octane race gas added:

Stock w/ mudflaps, drag prep: 2.0 60ft, 13.3 @ 103.5mph (2-3 shift bog)

CAI only, cold day, drag prep: 2.5 60ft (slippery!) 13.6 @ 108mph, somehow got over 20mph before the staging lights, nice shift into 3rd.

CAI and spacer drag prep: 2.2 60fts? 13.5s @ 106mph, 2-3 shift bog, 1mph faster than another stock 1 at the strip that day.

Added exhaust, NO drag prep!: 2.1/2.2 60fts, 13.3s @ 106.7mph, 25-30mph headwind, 2-3 shift bog.

So I think it's pretty quantifiable, can't wait for the Diablo tuner for the magic 400rwhp mark. I know headers would pretty much do it, but they are not in the budget....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Cool bro!!! But next time invite us locals lol...

·
Banned
206 Posts
So you're confident that with 2+ less octane points, the exhaust/cats, and intake spacers, you gained 15 RWHPand 27 RWHTQ?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I know Zoomers catback, Airaid intake, B&G Stage II netted me 3 HP and 7 TQ. My baseline was already inflated though 385 HP/377 TQ. I take dynos with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So you're confident that with 2+ less octane points, the exhaust/cats, and intake spacers, you gained 15 RWHPand 27 RWHTQ?
Octane probably makes little difference under normal conditions. Considering the difference vs. the other car, running higher temps the last time, yes.

But since we were both "stock", it's a moot point, isn't it? ;) :grin:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know Zoomers catback, Airaid intake, B&G Stage II netted me 3 HP and 7 TQ. My baseline was already inflated though 385 HP/377 TQ. I take dynos with a grain of salt.
Did you have any track results you could compare? Doesn't sound like the B&G did much comparing to our results. I'd be curious what the stock PCM instead of the tune would get you....

·
Banned
206 Posts
What's the pipe diameter on the Zoomers?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
"Did you have any track results you could compare?"

Yeah, my best run stock was [email protected] My best time with B&GII, intake and Coolit was [email protected] Since the catback and the cool weather I cannot get my car to hook up although I got one run over 109MPH. In my opinion the 60' will determine how low your ET is.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Did you have any track results you could compare?"

Yeah, my best run stock was [email protected] My best time with B&GII, intake and Coolit was [email protected] Since the catback and the cool weather I cannot get my car to hook up although I got one run over 109MPH. In my opinion the 60' will determine how low your ET is.
Don't know the conditions but stock SRT-8s have run those times too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts