Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 with the 2.7L motor in it. i have an NOS wet kit that i took out of another car. i was trying to install it in this car but noticed the fuel rail doesnt have any sort of hookup, like a schrader valve. it looks like a returnless fuel setup? how can i go about installing my kit in this car? the one fuel line looks like its rubber but harder, am i correct on this and if so can i cut it and "T" it off there?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

chris

·
Registered
339 Posts
thats what i was thinking but from what they have told me you need to drill out the end of the passanger side rail and have someone you know that can weld , weld the correct fitting onto the end....

·
Registered
471 Posts
No offense meant here by any means, but why would you ruin your new car warranty by installing a nitrous system on the least powerful engine available? I mean even if you shaved 3 seconds off of your 1/4 mile time it'll still be slower then an r/t, and not even close to an srt8. And thats if you gave it a HUGE shot of nitrous. To keep that engine in one piece, you'd have to give it less then a hundred shot, which I would venture to guess won't even put you into the 15's. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

·
Registered
339 Posts
well imo nitrous is the easiest way to get modded heavily and still be safe as far as warranty not to hard to take off a nitrous kit and say idunno it just blew up lol granted if you have to weld the fuel rail that would be a no brainer but i think buying a new set of rails for a hundred bucks or so isnt too much for a free motor...

just my 2 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts