Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new here and wanted some help, I just bought a used 2008 Charger the 2.7L V6 it was used as a rental car but seems to have been well taken care of, the ride is smooth but I was wondering what I could do to put a little more pep in her step. I've thought about putting the K&N air filter on it's supposidly guranteed to get me 7 more horses, a supercharger or maybe even a different engine. But if I did go with the new engine would my current frame be able to handle it or would I have to go replacing everything. Any idea's or help on what I can do to get it faster would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
MavericKiller

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Inake....ok, but 7HP is a joke. The jet chip that I promise someone will mention, is a joke. Exhaust.....ok. Supercharger? Not sure if the 2.7 even has one? As for a motor swap on a 2.7......buy a car with the motor you want, odds are it would be cheaper.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, well thanks for busting my bubble. I'd rather not get a new car I love this one, and for the most part I'm satisfied with the engine, but who doesn't want more power. So CAI and Dual Exhaust, any other idea's out there? or am I doomed to drive a car that weighs too much for the engine it has equiped. Any help on this would be awesome.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Didn't mean to burst your bubble. Just telling you, not a lot of options. And the motor swap would cost more then a car with that motor. Just helping you man...make it look good, not fast.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea that was what I was going for, going to put some rims on it and tint the windows, but a 2.7L V6 is just ridiculous for this car. Well thanks for the replies and advice.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i don't think he was bursting your bubble at all. you have a nice car there, but unfortunately you don't have many options with the 2.7. to make it faster, like was mentioned before, it really would benefit you cost wise to just get a 3.5 and take it from there.

edit. wow i replied and you guys beat me to it in 2 seconds. lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright well what CAI and exhaust system do ya'll think would get me the most power. I'm thinking K&N CAI and magnaflow exhaust. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well found a supercharger for it, do you think it'd be worth it?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
K&N is just a big name, with a price to match.....and one of the worst performers. Get a cheap ebay intake and Blastin Bobs exhaust. The supercharger? Is it Thomas Knight? If so......no.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well that rules out the superchager I suppose, well what CAI would you recommend then? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Big bully or just a cheap ebay one......for the money and performance on a 2.7 its a nice combo.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the big bully one's but there are no actual performance charts or anything of the sort to go by on there website the K&N claim an added 7hp what do they claim?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
K&N can "claim" 7hp, but in the real world that's not true.

·
Registered
113 Posts
All you need....

:biggrinjester:
LOL thats a little messed up man:slap: But Im in the same boat as you man, I am planning on either a big bully or if I can find an AFE Brute Force which I have yet to find, and probably a single magnaflow or flowmaster 40 or blastin bob with a Y pipe to take up the dual notches in the rear bumper. Got my tint done already just waiting on that stuff. Make her look good and add these for better throttle response and maybe a few ponies and call it a day:bigthumb:

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Hello all, I'm new here and wanted some help, I just bought a used 2008 Charger the 2.7L V6 it was used as a rental car but seems to have been well taken care of, the ride is smooth but I was wondering what I could do to put a little more pep in her step. I've thought about putting the K&N air filter on it's supposidly guranteed to get me 7 more horses, a supercharger or maybe even a different engine. But if I did go with the new engine would my current frame be able to handle it or would I have to go replacing everything. Any idea's or help on what I can do to get it faster would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
MavericKiller
MavericKiller,

Remember the basics. Proper air, proper fuel, and proper lubricants.

www.greenfilterusa.com for the air filter. They tend to flow very well and still protect your engine from what comes in the intake.

ACES IV Gasoline Formula for the fuel. More power, smoother running, protects the engine and better fuel economy too. Should pick up 3-5 horsepower.

QuantumBlue Custom Blended Lubricants also protect and release horsepower for your 2.7. It would be in the 3-4 hp range.

All three together could be worth up to 12 horsepower.

We ended up with 19 hp and 31 ftlbs of torque in our SRT8 at Akron Horsepower with ACES IV running 89 octane, 12.5w40 QuantumBlue High Performance Competition formula, and QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolant.

Once you have done the basics, the bolt ons would be next!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the responses and advice from everyone. I'm in the process of ordering a big bully CAI (once the site stops giving me issues) then I'll probably add a blastin bob exhaust kit w/ a new muffler. Getting the windows tinted tomorrow :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
thanks for all the responses and advice from everyone. I'm in the process of ordering a big bully CAI (once the site stops giving me issues) then I'll probably add a blastin bob exhaust kit w/ a new muffler. Getting the windows tinted tomorrow :D
Sounds like youre off to a good start:rocker:

·
Registered
308 Posts
they have turbo chargers the 2.7 were a little faster then i thought dont let anyone talk smack to you about what model you have

1 - 20 of 22 Posts