Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Dodge Charger 2.7 V6
EVERYTIME i stop and get gas my car has a delay in starting it sounds like it wants to start but takes about 5-10 mins before i can get it to start.
I've had my dad look at it, and again the ONLY time is when i get gas, or it's been sitting outside for hours in the heat it takes a while to start.

I did notice that right after i get gas if you turn the key you cant hear the fuel pump kick on, no matter how many times you mess with it, does anyone know what this could be from?

The only code that came up was about the gas cap, and that was replaced with a locking gas cap, and i also bought sea foam put that in my tank with a half a tank of mid grade gas, and once it started frove 2 mins down the road put some more gas in, and it still stalled trying to start?

I NEED HELP ?!?! I have no idea what's going on?

Lisa Mare

·
Registered
626 Posts
2006 Dodge Charger 2.7 V6
EVERYTIME i stop and get gas my car has a delay in starting it sounds like it wants to start but takes about 5-10 mins before i can get it to start.
I've had my dad look at it, and again the ONLY time is when i get gas, or it's been sitting outside for hours in the heat it takes a while to start.

I did notice that right after i get gas if you turn the key you cant hear the fuel pump kick on, no matter how many times you mess with it, does anyone know what this could be from?

The only code that came up was about the gas cap, and that was replaced with a locking gas cap, and i also bought sea foam put that in my tank with a half a tank of mid grade gas, and once it started frove 2 mins down the road put some more gas in, and it still stalled trying to start?

I NEED HELP ?!?! I have no idea what's going on?

Lisa Mare
Next time you fill up, if it happens take the gas cap off and see if it now starts. Also when filling when it clicks off don't keep topping it off to get the $ amount even. There have been issues with fuel backing into the evap. canister, topping off can cause this, but in some cases the rollover vent valve can stick open, causing the same concern. Only way to replace valve is replace the fuel tank. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts