Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm looking to flash my 2008 dodge charger 2.7's PCM with B&G. I have a spare PCM that I bought on eBay, the donor car was also a 2008 2.7. I swapped it with my stock PCM to see if it was functional, the car started then shut off right away. When I put mine back it, it was back to normal. When I called B&G to ask more about the flash, I asked the guy if it was possible that my car didn't start because the VIN# on the spare PCM was different and he said yes. Anybody else hear or experience this? I just don't wanna send it in and pay for the reprogramming and flash to find out that's not the problem and be screwed. Anyone???

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Okay, I'm looking to flash my 2008 dodge charger 2.7's PCM with B&G. I have a spare PCM that I bought on eBay, the donor car was also a 2008 2.7. I swapped it with my stock PCM to see if it was functional, the car started then shut off right away. When I put mine back it, it was back to normal. When I called B&G to ask more about the flash, I asked the guy if it was possible that my car didn't start because the VIN# on the spare PCM was different and he said yes. Anybody else hear or experience this? I just don't wanna send it in and pay for the reprogramming and flash to find out that's not the problem and be screwed. Anyone???
You answered your own question.Your PCM needs to be flashed to your VIN.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts