Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would the 2.7 liter V6 in the fleet cars be ultra slow?

I was recently notified by the company that I work for that I am eligible to order a new company car. One of the cars available to me is a 2006 Charger.

I was initially excited after I went to the Dodge website and saw that the base car had the 3.5 liter, 250 horse V6 engine, paired with the 5-speed automatic transmission.
My excitement soon turned to dissapointment however, when I discovered that the Charger fleet model that is available to me would come with a 2.7 liter, 190 horse V6, with a 4-speed auto.

I understand that the 2.7 liter has been available on the Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Magnum, but will not be offered in the Charger except for fleet vehicles.

The Charger weighs 3,800 lbs, similar to the 300 and the Magnum. My question is this- will I be happy with a 2.7 liter Charger?

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to upgrade to the 3.5 liter on the Charger. My other company car choices are a Chevy Equinox or a Pontiac G6.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts or recommendations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm just wondering if this car will be pathetically slow with the fleet 2.7 liter, 190 hp six cylinder...

If it's a slug, maybe I'm better off with a different car.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
your best bet would be to look over at www.lxforums.com, as there may be people that own the other LX cars in this configuration over there.....

HTH...

·
Banned
99 Posts
Re: Would the 2.7 liter V6 in the fleet cars be ultra slow?

Heathen said:
I was recently notified by the company that I work for that I am eligible to order a new company car. One of the cars available to me is a 2006 Charger.

I was initially excited after I went to the Dodge website and saw that the base car had the 3.5 liter, 250 horse V6 engine, paired with the 5-speed automatic transmission.
My excitement soon turned to dissapointment however, when I discovered that the Charger fleet model that is available to me would come with a 2.7 liter, 190 horse V6, with a 4-speed auto.

I understand that the 2.7 liter has been available on the Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Magnum, but will not be offered in the Charger except for fleet vehicles.

The Charger weighs 3,800 lbs, similar to the 300 and the Magnum. My question is this- will I be happy with a 2.7 liter Charger?

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to upgrade to the 3.5 liter on the Charger. My other company car choices are a Chevy Equinox or a Pontiac G6.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts or recommendations.
Go for the G6. A much batter car with good power. The Charger 2.7 is slower than a slug.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Heathen, my name is Aliyah I’m a Marketing Representative with the Dodge Information Center.

Some of you guys might have seen me floating around this forum.

Going forth… Because you are thinking of purchasing a fleet vehicle I will not be able to comment on the 2.7 L V6. However, I would like to provide you with the number to our Fleet Information Center, if you do not have this.. They deal with Fleet product and purchasing information. They might be of some assistance to you and answer any questions you may have regarding the engine. The number is 800-999-3533.
Let me know if this was helpful, and if you have any questions/comments for me please feel free to post a reply.

Thank You,

Aliyah Z
Marketing Representative- Dodge Information Center
1-800-4ADodge/1-800-423-6343
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
64 Posts
I 2nd go with the G6. A charger with 190hp is like a snail

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
mudog said:
I 2nd go with the G6. A charger with 190hp is like a snail
Don't be silly. The 2.7L Chrysler 300 has a ton of rear end gear to offset its lack of power, assuming the Charger has the same it should be fine. It'll definately outrun a slant six '68 Charger...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I rented a 2.7 in May from Thrifty. It wasn't that bad. It didn't have the autostick, basically a Magnum. It had enough giddy-up for city driving. Are you planning on racing the thing?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I just got back from Chryslers at Carlisle, where I had a 2.7L 300 as a rental for 3 days. The accelleration around town was great - perfectly adequate. Going up hills was another story. Between Baltimore and York, where I stayed, is pretty hilly, and if you are driving up a hill with that 2.7L, you need to downshift out of OD. It just doesn't have enough power. If you had a lot of people in it, it'd be a PITA.

I'd buy one, though. How often do you drive in hills or mountains?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts