Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I made a tiny crack in the diff housing in my 2016 Charger Pursuit and had the Dodge dealer in San Marcos Texas swap the diff to a 3.06 posi. Its now throwing a code saying that the transmission speed doesn't match the speed of the car and they said they cant fix that. I bought the PCM swap and Diablo i3 tuner because they assured me prior to purchasing it, I could change the diff ratio, drum rolllllll…………...it doesn't. I called them and now they confirm it doesn't!

Does anyone know of a tuner that does? The car has been sitting for a month now and I would like to be able to drive it even though it is my second car.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Wimberly:
Something does not jive here. The 3.06 ratio is an oem option on the Chargers. All of the AWD cars have it. I think you have the right to be pretty ticked off at the folks who told you that the tuner would take care of it. I assume that your Charger has gone into limp mode because the data from the different ratio is not what it expects to see?

Don

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Many Hellcat guys switched from 2.62 to 3.09 with no PCM issues, the 2015-up cars supposed to adapt to the new ratio without reprogram. Not sure what's happening here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Good point MXS. Not sure if they updated the electronics at that point. Maybe not, which might be the issue. BTW, for 2021, the Chargers will all have the 8 speed to include the pursuits.

Don

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know my Diablo Trinity T2 has the option to be able to reprogram for the different gear ratio. I am not sure if you have to unlock your pcm on that year of charger.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I am not sure if you have to unlock your pcm on that year of charger.
2015+ MY have the locked PCM from the factory. You have to replace it with a unlocked PCM in order to tune it with a tuner (e.g. DiabloSport).

·
Registered
701 Posts
2015+ require an unlocked PCM for tuning. Without it, you can't do a thing. For pursuit vehicles, the drivetrain isn't the same as civilian models. On a civilian model the swap is plug and play as the speed sensors will pick up the difference and adjust accordingly. The pursuits have pre-2015, which means NAG1 trans and different rear and sensors. Those require changing the rear ratio via a tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts