Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is stock (R/T) I have $2,000 to put toward mods but dont really know much about the HEMI,..... i just got rid of my integra type R and dont miss it at all!!!:)
p.s. and will i be able to beat GT's after $2,000 in my engine.........

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Headers, Highflo cats exhaust and CAI, that is a good start and will eat up about 2K

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I agree with Al, although he didnt mention installation, which on headers can be a bit pricey, unless you are doing the work yourself. If you have to pay a shop, another alternative might be a Sidewinder cam (450), CAI and a diablo (500 package), with installation.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
sorry guys forgot 2 mention i already have exhaust.... screw it what can i do with $3,000 and whats a good place to order parts???
The t important thing we will need to know is if you can install yourself, or have to pay to have it done.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
if you can install yourself.......
DIablo/ CAI from Tbyrne 500
Mopar Headers w/ high flow cats 1100
Tomahawk cam from 402 Motoring 450
Performance 2800 stall Torque Converter from 402 motoring 800 OR

Talk to 402 motoring about a header/heads/cam combo. That will come to about 3500, unless you go with the econo heads which is closer to 3000 for that combo. I still recomend a Diablo, or some sort of tuner

With good heads, headers, cam and a tuner, you should be over 350 RWHP and you will take alot of what you find on the roads.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
TBYDaytona40 good info... with the mods you just mentioned would I be able to take the mustang GT????
Personally, I wouldn't be so obsessed with beating Mustangs, as there will always be "a bigger fish" .... I would get a CAI and the Diablo tuner and a nice set of rims and tires ..... wheels make a huge diference in the looks and handling of a car

Oh, and don't foget window tint if it's not already done. :smoke:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I find myself your in your shoes only I had mustangs and if not for a sales manager playing games I would not have had the pleasure of owning a charger. I seen a lot of good info on the forum these guys know their cars. check out some of the older threads, theres a guy on here from dodge out in concord that has info for thse of us who are still worried about wreching on the car ourselves. Good luck and maybe I'll run into when I'm in Sac(home away from home).

·
Registered
928 Posts
huh?

...... anyways.... CAI, headers, diablo should run you about 15-1700 no install. or you can get about the same gains from a cam (more from cam and heads for sure) which will run you about the same cost with install as the above stuff. either way pickup a diablo tuner and a 180 Tstat.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The best two mods you can do for the money are sidewinder cam & diablo. These are the mods I noticed the biggest difference with. Although headers are great too.

·
Registered
708 Posts
You can beat Mustang GT's now - we ALL know that it's a drivers race and charger pilots are obviously smarter than Mustang drivers, so what's the problem.....yes, another Mustang thread.....let the games begin!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't be so obsessed with beating Mustangs, as there will always be "a bigger fish" .... I would get a CAI and the Diablo tuner and a nice set of rims and tires ..... wheels make a huge diference in the looks and handling of a car

Oh, and don't foget window tint if it's not already done
On offense, he is obviously worried about performance and not looks. Everyone already knows that a charger out looks a mustang everyday of the week. We dont need a nice set of wheels and tires to do that.

Anyways what I would do is the the Diablo/CAI sale at 500. The get cam and heads. IMO

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I'd say just getting Diablo with CAI makes it a drivers race against a new GT. Then if you went and got headers and cam, you would smoke a GT.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My engine is stock (R/T) I have $2,000 to put toward mods but dont really know much about the HEMI,..... i just got rid of my integra type R and dont miss it at all!!!:)
p.s. and will i be able to beat GT's after $2,000 in my engine.........
you can do a bunch of bolt-ons and gain a few HP, or do heads/cam and gain alot on HP.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
you can do a bunch of bolt-ons and gain a few HP, or do heads/cam and gain alot on HP.
Dang, you have some fast rides man!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
sorry guys forgot 2 mention i already have exhaust.... screw it what can i do with $3,000 and whats a good place to order parts???
I don't think you can do much with $3,000. I think you should give it to me.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts