Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Well I went to the local track last night for the first time with the SRT8, and only my second time ever (which is pretty amazing considering the number of cars I've had LOL)

Here are my runs...

1st - 13.54 w/ 2.00 60' @ 105.x
2nd - 13.31 w/ 2.00 60' @ 105.x
3rd - 13.27 w/ 2.00 60' @ 105.6

Then of course cars broke down and I didn't get a 4th or 5th run in the nice late-night cool air, which pissed me off but what are you gonna do, right?

The best part of the whole night was the fact that it finally shut up a couple of local GTO owners (at least for the night) about what a fat pig the Charger is and that NO WAY did it even come CLOSE to running 12's stock...meanwhile, the 3rd run was directly against said GTO and he ran a 13.71 @ 101 - and he has tuning done to his!

Overall I'm pretty happy since my only modification is a Magnaflow cat-back, and the car has 1500 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Sounds like you had tons of fun, congrats. Where are you located? What were the weather conditions?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it was fun :grin:

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA - altitude is about 1250 at the track, and the weather was mid-70's yesterday

I tried launching without braking at the line and with braking and revving to about 1200 - neither one changed my 60' times. I did manual shift it every run though - I just don't trust the auto haha

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
If you put it in 1st gear and let it auto upshift, you will have better times. The computer is better than you :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you put it in 1st gear and let it auto upshift, you will have better times. The computer is better than you :)
Thanks! I'll definitely try that next time.

·
Registered
138 Posts

It shifts differently 1-2 and 2-3 leaving it in first vs. leaving it in drive?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yes, car seems to perform much better that way. Thats my experience anyway. Regardless, it will shifter better than if you were doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Yes, car seems to perform much better that way. Thats my experience anyway. Regardless, it will shifter better than if you were doing it.
x2... seems to go into higher revvs

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
denny tell me next time u hit the track i will come with u im close to pittsburgh

u goin to import fusion to race on august 25th? if you are i will meet you there

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
so what you are saying is that if you down shift the car to first gear, before you star the 1/4 mile, the car will shift to second gear, tird geat, and so on automatically?
yea wen u come up to line:

put in autostick
hold break and rev to about 1,500 to 1,700 rpms
and wait for the green light and then just pedal to the metal after that it will change around 5,700rpms for you its WAYYY better then u trying to shift it

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The best part of the whole night was the fact that it finally shut up a couple of local GTO owners (at least for the night) about what a fat pig the Charger is and that NO WAY did it even come CLOSE to running 12's stock...meanwhile, the 3rd run was directly against said GTO and he ran a 13.71 @ 101 - and he has tuning done to his!

I am tired of everyone thinking that the GTO is so fast. I don't know what it is, they just won't run good times. I've seen a lot of GTOs at the track. Most 5.7s run upper 13's to low 14's, and the 6.0s run MID 13's to upper 13s. I actually raced a 6.0 at the track last time I was there, and I beat him with my R/T.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
denny tell me next time u hit the track i will come with u im close to pittsburgh

u goin to import fusion to race on august 25th? if you are i will meet you there
I doubt I'll be there for that - I don't think I can make it for a few weeks, but I'll PM you when I do!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts