Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He has more pix than I do.

Everything is mandrel bent so its not a regular mufflershop special. Nice idle, no drone at cruise and not loud inside the cabin, I dont see his 2 lil kids complaining. At WOT its very aggressive sounding no doubt! Im sure he will not WOT with his kids in the car though. Im doing another one tuesday, hopefuly ill own a video camera by then so i can take sound clips. Ill let him chime in here about the performance gains . :)

My dog did the x-pipe, you have pix of the CEO Lee?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
cool and i always wot with kids in car...not kidding anyone here!!! lol

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ummmmmm....my lic. plate says it all......2 year old always says "go daddy!!!" still need to post pics of my little gearhead. :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
630 Posts
That looks likes it could be one nasty (good nasty) sounding system.

On a slight tangent, can anyone (he points to Exhaust Depot) explain the technical and/or physics of what the "X" pipe connection does to (and for) an exhaust system? Being that this is my first vehicle with a dual exhaust since my days with my first charger (which did not have such a contraption), this concept is new to me. I do understand the use of it for equalizing pressure, but is there more to it than that? Also, what is its advantage over an "H" pipe (began seeing those just as I was getting out of cars as a hobby)?

·
Registered
43 Posts
X-pipe or H-pipes balance the exhaust waves between the engine banks, left side pistons to right side pistons. Helps achieve better low end torque, and better exhaust gas scavenging, also helps the engine run more evenly and smoothly. True duel exhuast systems help achieve better top end power sacraficing low end torque and is really not necessary until you get into big block motors were torque is not an issue. Smaller motors actually make better power and run smoother with a y-pipe and single exhaust. This x or h pipe makes the system run more like a single exhaust system without clogging or slowing down the exhaust flow that gives you more power in higher rpms. So through years of performance experience from racing and street applications, this mixing of the exhaust gasses gives about the best around power for low end torque and high end horsepower. They started with H-pipes and a lot of applications still use it, like the corvettes, but a lot of exhaust manufacturers have noticed best results with the x-pipe, that is if it is designed correctly. If not done right, it can cause a lot of uncessesary back pressure, and actually hurt performance.

True duel exhaust is almost like a bragging issue, if you have motor that makes killer power, or is a large displacement motor, then there is better benifit to using it. It also brings on a stigmata, like it is implying my system is bad ass. 350 hp from a 350, beleive me is a hot motor, so it only makes sense we have a duel exhaust, but it comes down too, that a x or h pipe is not a true duel exhaust!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are those magnapacks or regular glasspacks? Since they are a 3 1/2" case i would assume they are a 2 1/4" core @ the most?

always interested, muffman

·
Registered
732 Posts
Now that's the way to go!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Guys,
Thanks For The Adda Boy... At This Time I Do Not Have Any Sound Clips Looking To Get Some Asap.. The Car Sounds Incredible.. At Idle Is Has A Low Rumble But I Tell You What At Wot It Sounds Like A Grizzly Coming At You.. The Sound Definitely Knocks Alot Of Exhaust Out Of The Water.. I Have Heard A Lot Of Sound Clips But I Guess In Live Person This One Sounds Awesome... I'm Really Happy How The System Turned Out.. A Long Day But All Worth It In The End.. I Will Try To Post More Pics Later.. But Definitely Everything I Was Looking For.. No Drone In The Car At Any Speed.. As Soon As It Get To Final Gear You Can't Hear Anything Until You Dump It Then Watch Out... Sounds Bad In Combo With The Mopar Cai.. **also A Shout Out To My Pal Godaddy... If It Wasn't For Him I Would Still Be Sitting Here With A Stock Charger Wondering Where To Go... Thanks Godaddy... I Appreciate All Your Input...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CO-Charger said:
That looks likes it could be one nasty (good nasty) sounding system.

On a slight tangent, can anyone (he points to Exhaust Depot) explain the technical and/or physics of what the "X" pipe connection does to (and for) an exhaust system? Being that this is my first vehicle with a dual exhaust since my days with my first charger (which did not have such a contraption), this concept is new to me. I do understand the use of it for equalizing pressure, but is there more to it than that? Also, what is its advantage over an "H" pipe (began seeing those just as I was getting out of cars as a hobby)?

Its basicly how Hodgee broke it down.

Hpipes tend to sound a little meaner than the xpipe section does; the x pipe yields in more TQ due to the better mixing between the left and right bank. THe ideal way to find were you put an cross section is to see where the most heat is generated. Paint the system and run it and see which spot flakes the paing the most, this will tell you where to put your section at.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Illexhaustu said:
Are those magnapacks or regular glasspacks? Since they are a 3 1/2" case i would assume they are a 2 1/4" core @ the most?

always interested, muffman[/QUOTE

Mr. 1badhemi has resonators with 2.25" core which are expanded to 2.5 and they are louvered. I went with this setup because he said the word KIDS. :) Ill be using some perferated 2.5" resonators on the hemi coming in next week and might swap them out to louvered 2.5" setups if I feel its to loud. We supply the muffler shops in Miami and ft.lauderdale area so I have access to getting pretty much anything made.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Do you have hangers installed on the exhaust tips? It looks like you. Thanks Rod

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have two hangers on the tips. One is visible, the one right ontop of the tip is not visible. I hooked it up because the sytem would move with only the rear hooked up, i did not have fat enough hangers so i used the rear ones. NOt really needed if you use thick hnagers.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
I have two hangers on the tips. One is visible, the one right ontop of the tip is not visible. I hooked it up because the sytem would move with only the rear hooked up, i did not have fat enough hangers so i used the rear ones. NOt really needed if you use thick hnagers.
Cool, thanks!!

Those look like SLP tips to me with the SLP straight through mufflers :happy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts