Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy hell, I cant believe this. Ive been using this sucker for over three years now, I think. Looks like the sensor system went nuts. Wash cycle started normally, although the side/wheel sprayers didnt trigger.

Bar down drivers side, went around back, came back up the passenger side, or started to. Damn thing hit the fender, hard enough to cpmress the foam and drag two on the nozzles through the paint.

Of course, being Sunday, theres no attendent, so all I could do was leave a message at the number on the wall, and use this spiffy 3 meg camera phone to document it all. I have about 5-6 more pics, the car, the arm, etc.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Boy, gives new meaning to laser etched!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dunno, I'll do a more detailed BDA in the AM:(

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had one do that to me in my RX-8 a couple of years ago. Luckily just the arm hit my bumper and no damage. I've avoided them since.

·
Registered
383 Posts
that is why I hand wash my girl every week myself. I even use a hose that has the end cut off incase I or my son bumps it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Holy hell, I cant believe this. Ive been using this sucker for over three years now, I think. Looks like the sensor system went nuts. Wash cycle started normally, although the side/wheel sprayers didnt trigger.

Bar down drivers side, went around back, came back up the passenger side, or started to. Damn thing hit the fender, hard enough to cpmress the foam and drag two on the nozzles through the paint.

Of course, being Sunday, theres no attendent, so all I could do was leave a message at the number on the wall, and use this spiffy 3 meg camera phone to document it all. I have about 5-6 more pics, the car, the arm, etc.
This is funny I just had the same thing happened to me 1 week ago; but across the top of my trunk now the gas station no longer has the car wash in service. I will post pics soon. My poor charger is taking a real beating lately. Sorry to see that. I know how it feels.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, the owner of the carwash called me, we meet tomorrow to arrange the repair. I'll keep you all updated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It happened to me once and afterwards I learned to simply wash my own ride. The owner happened to be on sight and wanted to argue about it and bicker about partial payments etc. In the end it was repaired but the headache was enough to steer me WAY far away from anyone or anything washing my car. I'm really sorry this happened to you. I know how it is when your ride is scratched.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't let any one or any machine wash my car. I have received damage before and was screwed. :halloween

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have never used those things just because of the stories I have heard, this being another. Those are some nasty scratches but at least the guy is willing to deal with it. Makes my parking lot scratches look minor. Good luck with the fix up. Time to go back to hand washing.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nah, this wont make me not use these, any more than that bicyclist crashing into me makes me avoid crossing sidewalks:)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I rarely do the machine wash. Doesn't get the bugs off the front like elbow grease. Sorry to see that happen to the ride

·
Registered
183 Posts
Although I washed my previous ride (2002 Ram) in an automatic all the time, I wash my car in the self-serve bay only. I just don't feel the rinse cycle in the auto gets enough of the soap off/out of the cracks and if you don't hand dry the whole car, that soap trickles out leaving nasty streaks.

Sorry to hear bout your damage though. Glad you were able to contact the owner and hopefully he will take care of it for you.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Holy chit!!!

Dang Bill - that sux....:(

Hope it all gets sorted without too much heartache.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts