Charger Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It is going pretty well . I am just working out the coil over and stabilizer bar configuration right now .

·
Registered
157 Posts
How is this project progressing? I have interest as I also have (1988 and since) 73 SE/RT (clone), originally a 73 Road Runner GTX (1980-88, bought new by my Dad, before the '88 re-body after the telephone pole incident). I rebuilt the the 440 Wedge engine with 10:1 and 0.030 over with TRW forged pistons, home ported the heads and cc'd them, Mopar 284 Cam, Edlebrock 2 plane intake, Holley 780, Hooker SuperComps and Walker Hemi mufflers, 3.55 8.75" post, rebuilt the 727 with a B&M Trans kit, and pulled the original rubber hockey pucks out of the K member and trans mount and replaced them with 6061T6 Aluminum fabricated pucks! It is time for me to decide what to do with this old girl. Old style rebuild of the Wedge with a stroker crank and other upgrades, or drop in a Hellcrate motor. The lousy 73-74 suspension means no fat torsion bars (that I know about). Interested in your suspension vs. finding a 71-72 body and doing an old school suspension improvements.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How is this project progressing? I have interest as I also have (1988 and since) 73 SE/RT (clone), originally a 73 Road Runner GTX (1980-88, bought new by my Dad, before the '88 re-body after the telephone pole incident). I rebuilt the the 440 Wedge engine with 10:1 and 0.030 over with TRW forged pistons, home ported the heads and cc'd them, Mopar 284 Cam, Edlebrock 2 plane intake, Holley 780, Hooker SuperComps and Walker Hemi mufflers, 3.55 8.75" post, rebuilt the 727 with a B&M Trans kit, and pulled the original rubber hockey pucks out of the K member and trans mount and replaced them with 6061T6 Aluminum fabricated pucks! It is time for me to decide what to do with this old girl. Old style rebuild of the Wedge with a stroker crank and other upgrades, or drop in a Hellcrate motor. The lousy 73-74 suspension means no fat torsion bars (that I know about). Interested in your suspension vs. finding a 71-72 body and doing an old school suspension improvements.
Lets do a Hellcat crate , I can set you up with a replacement for the Fat torsion bar that isnt as elaborate as this one that will allow you to run a coil over and a nice big wilwood brake setup .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts