Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it's here!!!!!!! Damn I was so close to number 1966 (the year the chargers came out). I am still smiling though. It was a fun ride home. Picked her up with all of 8 miles on her. The dealer did a horrible job detailing the car. Which I really don't care cause I probably would have re-done it anyway. It's gonna be fun the next few days. I'll report back...

Oh - a few questions while I'm here too.

1) Can I wax the black lettering (Daytona rear & Hemi hood) ? I don't think the black rear spoiler should be, but what about the lettering??? I sure hope I can because going around it would be very difficult.

2) Has anyone heard of problems with the gas gauges on the Chargers ? My dealer has had several call-backs on them....

9-8-05 delivery date - Chicago suburbs (thanks again "autorail").
#1908/4000
- Navigation
- Serius radio
- Electronics Conv. Group
- Sunroof
- Smokers group (yea I know)

·
Registered
382 Posts
naperguy said:
1) Can I wax the black lettering (Daytona rear & Hemi hood) ? I don't think the black rear spoiler should be, but what about the lettering??? I sure hope I can because going around it would be very difficult.
I believe they are vinyl decals, aren't they? I don't think you are supposed to wax those.

Here's one web site's suggestion about care and feeding of vinyl decals:
On painted surfaces of vehicles, care must be taken when waxing. Wax will build up around the edges of the Decal, and will need to be removed. Use a soft cloth, and take your time, and be gentle. A brush, for example will force the wax underneath the edge of the Decal, and the Decal will begin to peel. The Decal will not be damaged by normal use of automotive car wash products, or water. Although the decals will withstand pressure washers, and automatic car washes, these will reduce the life and appearance of the decal. The decals will not last forever, but will give many years of service if taken care of.​
naperguy said:
2) Has anyone heard of problems with the gas gauges on the Chargers ? My dealer has had several call-backs on them....
I have not heard of this problem, nor seen a problem on mine.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats, I just picked mine up on tuesday. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
naperguy said:
Yes it's here!!!!!!! Damn I was so close to number 1966 (the year the chargers came out). I am still smiling though. It was a fun ride home. Picked her up with all of 8 miles on her. The dealer did a horrible job detailing the car. Which I really don't care cause I probably would have re-done it anyway. It's gonna be fun the next few days. I'll report back...

Oh - a few questions while I'm here too.

9-8-05 delivery date - Chicago suburbs (thanks again "autorail").
#1908/4000
- Navigation
- Serius radio
- Electronics Conv. Group
- Sunroof
- Smokers group (yea I know)
NO! Do not put wax on the decals, they will turn white and then you will have to take them off and put new ones on......

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep - Naperville here !!!!!!! I'm going to be cautious with the lettering. On my company work vehicles we wax right over the lettering, but that lettering is glossy. They Daytona and Hemi decals are like a satin finish.

Some first impressions:

1) Dog-off the line? NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!!!!!!
2) Definitely some major blind spots.
3) Major Major "head-turner" - everyone looks....
4) Needs an exhaust - not a very deep tone at all.
5) ESP OFF - all the time - lol........
6) Navigation - I like it.
7) Stereo without sub-woofer sounds great to me.
8) Serius satellite radio - a must have.

1908/4000 - thanks Westside Dodge - ask for George.
$100 over invoice, but good luck trying to get that again.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
SWEET have FUN and be SAFE! :rockon:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Where is westside dodge?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
North Aurora Auto Mall in Chicago burbs off Orchard Road and I-88.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congrats Naper!! Best of luck!

I got to drive a GoManGo on a small parking lot test track in Vegas and it was awesome. I wanted one immediately! The ESP worked great....I punched it around a sweeping turn and it just grabbed and went...mmmmmm...mmmmmm...good!! With the ESP off I'm sure it's more like a '70s police chase scene around turns :wink:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Now I know where it is at. I have bought a dodge truck form Naperville Dodge and one from Downers Grove Dodge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts