Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to like 4 autozones and 1 o'reily today and none of em had the motorad 4128. one had some random brand but they were outta stock.

wtf!? im in west/NW houston if anyones picked one up

thx

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
none even showeds up on the computer as having tstats. maybe ill have to try to oreilys. or maybe somethin else

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can't find it by searching your year, make and model in this case. Just go in to Autozone and ask for the Valucraft 4128 Thermostat. If they start to go to the computer and ask you info on your car, just tell them that you already know what you want. It's in a yellow and black box. I got mine at the Murphy Road and Hwy90 Autozone in Stafford where they had 3-4 at the time.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
As stated before. Do not give the counterman your model and year information. You need to tell them to go to their "Special Order" page and type in 4128, then select the only tstat from the list of items that pop up.

I got my 4127 at Autozone, they sell both the 4127 and 4128 there. The T-stat will not come with a gasket, you will use your stock gasket, for the new t-stat.

It will come in a black and yellow box.

Look on the back side of the t-stat. To ensure you got the correct one, it will have Germany stamped on one side and MotoRad on the other.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it today :) installed i t myself in like 20 mins with the car hot and no probs. and im pretty novice at actually doing the car work ;P trick was letting the coolant bleed off without fully opening the tank. and wet rags for hot engine parts. i got eager on my lunch break.

i saw the car running at about 223* in the evic diagnostic mode, and the highesti saw it get today was like 219. and that was in pretty chill driving, cuz the weather has been so damn nasty. im worried that it didnt really change the operating temp of the engine.

the more i think about it, does having a lower tstat(i got the 180 btw) just open your coolant valve earlier.. starting the cooling process sooner... but still eventually acheiving the same temp in a slghtly longer ammount of time?

·
Registered
487 Posts
The 180 tstat is a gimmick anyway - it'll help all of 4 minutes.....................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts