Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at TireRack.com and they show 18" wheels will fit on the SRT8's?? I thought the brakes where to large for this?? Has anyone done this??

BTW I am not a DORK just wanted more options for snow tires.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I asked the same question a few months ago. It was determined (without actually trying on 18" wheels) that they would be too small for the SRT's front calipers. I asked a local SCCA guy and he said it "looks" like you should be able to get 18's on the front........

The rears should NOT be a problem for 18's.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
It depends on the design of the wheel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In speaking with the folks at Tirerack, there are 2 wheels in 18" that are available (there may be more, but these are what they had mentioned). They are the Borbet TS and the American Racing Rogue. Personally, I prefer the look of the Rogue, but they are made in China, while the Borbet are German and perhaps are of a better quality?? Seeing as they are only intended for winter use, it's not that big of a deal, but I am still looking around. If anyone finds anything else, please post it here. By the way, both of the above wheels cost $200 ea.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Here is my 18" set up: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22940

They handle great and the ride is quieter than the f1's. If you read the thread you will see one issue I had with the weights. When I took them off in the spring I noted that I had lost the weight on the left front. I think the lack of clearance coupled with some ice buildup knocked it off. If the weight were mounted right this would not have been an issue.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm curious about the 18"TSW wheels, there bolt pattern is 5 X 114.3, and I was told our charger is 5 X 115. Wouldn't this cause an issue with balancing?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm curious about the 18"TSW wheels, there bolt pattern is 5 X 114.3, and I was told our charger is 5 X 115. Wouldn't this cause an issue with balancing?
You're right, you should only use wheels with the correct bolt pattern. I'm not sure what the bolt pattern of my wheels are, other than I ordered them last year specifically for the Charger application. At the time, the wheels were available for the Charger, Magnum & Chrysler 300. I had my TSW's on the car for about 5 months last winter with no issues.

I checked the TSW web site today, and it's application guide no longer lists wheels for the Charger, Magnum, or Chrysler 300 (discontinued???).

·
Registered
325 Posts
You're right, you should only use wheels with the correct bolt pattern. I'm not sure what the bolt pattern of my wheels are, other than I ordered them last year specifically for the Charger application. At the time, the wheels were available for the Charger, Magnum & Chrysler 300. I had my TSW's on the car for about 5 months last winter with no issues.

I checked the TSW web site today, and it's application guide no longer lists wheels for the Charger, Magnum, or Chrysler 300 (discontinued???).
I sure would like to know if your wheels are the same as what is being offered now or different. TSW doesn't have a phone number to contact them and there dealers aren't sure. Do you happen to know your model number, with that maybe I can find out what your bolt pattern is.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Do you happen to know your model number, with that maybe I can find out what your bolt pattern is.
I ordered the wheels through an independent tire store. I checked the invoice but it only lists the wheels as TSW Montage - no model number. :(

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just ordered a winter wheel and tire setup from TireRack. Went with 18" AT Italia Inox wheels and Winterforce tires for $1240 shipped with air pressure sensors installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts