Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of y'all have upgraded wheels. I think I have found a set of 2011 dodge challenger RT 20" oem factory wheels I like. Only trouble is the tpms are missing from them. The ones on my 2012 pursuit are good. I call the only tire place in this town today and ask him if they would fit the new wheels. He was honest and said he didn't know but some would some wouldn't. Said we would just have to try em and see. Well I ain't got them yet and I know there are a lot of wheels for sale with the sensors. So I decided to just ask the ones who have tried and know what fits and what don't. Anybody used the tpms from the steel wheels on other oem wheels? Mine are the ones that tell each tire pressure. Also does anyone know what year oem wheels sensors work with the pursuit? Thank y'all for bearing with a old lifelong Ford man who is just learning on his first Mopar.

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
I've swapped sensors over a couple of times on other vehicles when I bought new alloy wheels and never had any problems.

I would try swapping them over and be prepared to buy new sensors if they won't transfer. If it was my call, I would buy new sensors. You're sensors are 7 years old and are probably on the slope heading to the end of their life span.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Are the wheels you currently have the steel wheels? The only thing I can think of is there might be a difference between the steel and alloy wheel sensor. Perhaps a site like Tire Rack or Discount Tire will have a "configuration tool" where you plug in your car model and let it tell you what kind of sensor it is supposed to have. Plug in your car and note the sensor part number and then plug in the Challenger and compare the two?

That's all I got... good luck! (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts