Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger Daytona 392
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm running a 305 tire out back and when I air out, the car is catching the fender liner on the outside just a bit. It's not that bad but it does rub off my tire shine when I air back up. Is there any way to heat or trim it so I've got just a little more room?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was confused for a second and was like, "what the hell is his car lowered like that?". I thought you meant letting air out of the tires for like when you go to the track, lol.

That seems like it tucks under there pretty good. If you can see where the tire is marking on the plastic I would say maybe you could cut it, but that's about it. I also know there are some wires running up through there so you'd need to be careful.

If all it's doing is just removing a bit of tire gloss I may just let it go so you don't start melting plastic or hacking away. Or just carry some of those tire gloss wipes in your car.
Yeah, when I air my bags out haha. It's honestly not that big of a deal but I just want it to be perfect. It's a Coating that hardens like ceramic that doesn't rub off or leave a black mess. I may just try and massage the plastic somehow. Thanks for the advise!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that’s what I meant G2s lol do you like them? Grip and comfort wise? Car looks good tho!
Man, they ride great and are really good in rain. I've had them before and really liked them. It was a no brainer for me since I don't race or track the car. I want that longevity, man!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was trying to decide between those and the ones I got which again are the 555R I liked the radial a little better but the longevity of the G2s are always in my mind especially bc I like to do a burn out here and there and the G2s may last longer doing those than the radial but I’m super happy with the radial so far and they’re decently priced
Once I found out that the 555R's were only getting 10000-15000 miles, that was a no brainer to me. You can get 3 to 5 times the amount of miles out of the 555G2's. Cost too damn much, man!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I read somewhere someone got 25k out of them but it’s all subject to say if driving roads etc so I’m not expecting that but wanted to give them a try I might look into the G2s next time and decide which I like more the different per tire was only 50 when I bought these and the G2s were going to take longer to get here so partly why I went with R2s instead it was 380 per for those and 330 for G2
Yes sir, that's what I paid for them. Let me know how those r2's work. They definitely look cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts