Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where or which vendor sells the 170 direct replacement tstat for the 5.7 hemi? I would like a 160 but i'll settle for the 170, thanks for any information:nervous s

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
autozone but if you want to keep it in the family i think tbryne sells them too.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
quick question, will having a 170 tstat be noticebly.. noticeably... noticeable... ugh.. can you tell the difference between a 180? i hear 170 may cause pings. here inhouston tex iwanna get as cold as possible hehe, but still be safe

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i would do the 180. Whether there is a diff between 170 and 180 who really knows. 180 works great, will cause no ping, and only sets the check engine light occaisionally. It really is worth triple what you have to pay for it and i'm broke so that tells you something.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool guess I'll stick to the 180, it's that I run the effin hell out of it and when I check my engine it's usally at 220, I like how it runs on a cool fall morning before it gets heatsoaked!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i run 180-190 with my 180

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I have 170 it works fine for me. I get codes sometimes. I will be switching out for the stock one when it starts getting colder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts