Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
call me crazy but this evening i allowed my 16yr old daughter to drive the charger by herself to church. i figured i let her drive the cuda' when we had it so why not let her drive the charger. she returned home safe and sound. she did say that she stopped at starbucks and everyone that was there was asking her about the car but she didn't know how to answer them except to say "it's got a hemi and it's my dad's".

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
janedoe said:
call me crazy but this evening i allowed my 16yr old daughter to drive the charger by herself to church. i figured i let her drive the cuda' when we had it so why not let her drive the charger. she returned home safe and sound. she did say that she stopped at starbucks and everyone that was there was asking her about the car but she didn't know how to answer them except to say "it's got a hemi and it's my dad's".

Your daughter ROCKS. That's how you handle the crowd. As for letting her drive the car, you rock. When I was younger my dad always let me drive what ever vehicles we owned. I believe it builds a trust and a respect between you and your daughter. Great story.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
fatchance said:
Your daughter ROCKS. That's how you handle the crowd. As for letting her drive the car, you rock. When I was younger my dad always let me drive what ever vehicles we owned. I believe it builds a trust and a respect between you and your daughter. Great story.
ABSOLUTELY!!!! You just gave her a memory to last her lifetime, and you get all the credit for creating it. Great for both of you!!!! Mike :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ok that last comment was uncalled for, I'm 18 and I own A Charger R/T. I think that the dad was making a good choice by letting his daughter drive the car. And this is a long shot but whats that girls number?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
AppelDodgeRacing said:
Ok that last comment was uncalled for, I'm 18 and I own A Charger R/T. I think that the dad was making a good choice by letting his daughter drive the car. And this is a long shot but whats that girls number?
Ignore oldschool, he's a troll. "Shot" may be the operative word there. :)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I let my 17 year old son drive my Daytona... He loves the car and I am sure he drives it respectfully.. I'm not going to let him take it out on Saturday night to hang out with his buddys, he has his own car for that. If he wants to drive the Daytona to the store or take his Girlfriend out I have no problems....

Just another added comment.. I have a 3200LB Pontiac (with street tags) that runs mid 11's.
My son does not like to drive that, he says it scares him.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Haha, 16 years old and driving a Charger. I'm 17 and its my first car, and I'm extremely lucky to have it. Every time I pull into the school parking lot, heads snap to attention, even the rich kids' Escalades don't get as much attention. This car is gorgeous and one of the most fun cars I've ever driven.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Age is only a number sometimes. It's the person that counts! A 16 year old can be much more responsible than someone that is 26. On the other hand I know what I did with my first cars and am lucky to be here typing to you today so it can go either way :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Red5 said:
Haha, 16 years old and driving a Charger. I'm 17 and its my first car, and I'm extremely lucky to have it. Every time I pull into the school parking lot, heads snap to attention, even the rich kids' Escalades don't get as much attention. This car is gorgeous and one of the most fun cars I've ever driven.

Yeah awesome dude!!! What type of charger give me details. I love cars. I'm 18 and i have a charger R/T black with the road and track package. Yes and it gets a hell of alot of attention.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I turn 17 in novemeber and then in april im getting my srt8, that how much i love cars, well i have nothing else to buy so meh.

·
Banned
103 Posts
AppelDodgeRacing said:
Pediphile

·
Banned
103 Posts
Red5 said:
How do you a afford that car and still in high school?

·
Registered
194 Posts
wish I could of had a new car when I was 17, I drove a dodge but it wasnt a charger. it was a shadow. had about 90hp what a piece of ****.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow you guys driving these cars in highschool are lucky. I have a good job and graduated college and I drive an SE. Granted I could afford the RT but I didn't want to be in debt forever...

·
Banned
103 Posts
1quick1 said:
Wow you guys driving these cars in highschool are lucky. I have a good job and graduated college and I drive an SE. Granted I could afford the RT but I didn't want to be in debt forever...
Thats what I'm saying.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts