Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be getting the wife a '14 SXT with the 3.6. She wanted a bit more of an exhaust note from it, so I am trying to determine what option(s) I have. I was thinking about just going with a Dynomax muffler swap and a MOPAR CAI. I am on a pretty tight budget and I really don't want a ton of drone. We have a 6 year old that will be riding in the back seat most of the time, so I can't go anything extreme. Is this a worth while option or just stick with the CAI and stock exhaust? Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The CAI will give you deeper, throatier tone under more aggressive throttle, like 1/2 to WOT, but it will be just as quiet as stock during normal driving conditions. I have the MOPAR CAI and kept my stock exhaust and just had the rear resonators removed and replaced with cherry bomb glasspacks. It's more throatier now and I have very little to no drone. But......I have the single stock muffler under the car, not the sport tuned duals which come with the rallye or blacktop packages. Some have tried this setup with duals and said that they had drone. Here is a link to a video I took awhile ago inside the cabin with windows rolled up. Around the 2:45 minute mark it shows the sound of going through the gears at WOT. Hope this helps you out a little.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cuda, thanks for the response. We picked up the car last night and funny it is the exact same color as your's. Picked that color because we didn't see many on the road. The MOPAR CAI is so pricey and I have heard mixed reviews on it. The K&N is much more reasonable, but people have also said it is garbage. I am not looking for performance gains, so I guess I just have to determine is it worth the $ for the sound. Thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would recommend Airaid over K&N... have had both and the Airaid is cheaper and bigger... doesnt come with the intake tube but not sure how much that is gonna make a difference on the 6 cylinder. As for exhaust, there are many options... but even with the cai, its a huge improvement

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts