Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the beast now for about a year now. Bought it with 7k miles on the dial and I've only put 6k on it since. Luckily I did all my research ahead of time and knew what to expect. Still perturbed that it happened.

Washing some stuff of the driveway and noticed some oily spots on the driveway. Leaking gasket around the sending unit. Thanks chargerforums. I knew what to tell the dealership when I went in.

Wife called about the car not going out of park. Broken hot pink POS, bad engineering design parking lockout mechanism. Thanks chargerforusm. I knew what it was immediately and the "everything" thread lead me to how to fix it. Billet Tech parts on the way for a proper fix.

Already replaced the stock tires. What pieces of crap for any place that gets below 50F!!

Brakes are next. Time for more research.

Still love the beast. Compared to some cars I've owned, this car has a lot of problems. Compared to others, it's a maintenance dream. Overall I think the SRT8 Charger is hands down the best car on the road for me. Period. At any price. There are faster cars. There are roomier cars. There are more expensive cars. There are even roomier, faster, more expensive cars out there. For a total package I don't think you can beat the cars we own!!

:rocker:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've had the beast now for about a year now. Bought it with 7k miles on the dial and I've only put 6k on it since. Luckily I did all my research ahead of time and knew what to expect. Still perturbed that it happened.

Washing some stuff of the driveway and noticed some oily spots on the driveway. Leaking gasket around the sending unit. Thanks chargerforums. I knew what to tell the dealership when I went in.

Wife called about the car not going out of park. Broken hot pink POS, bad engineering design parking lockout mechanism. Thanks chargerforusm. I knew what it was immediately and the "everything" thread lead me to how to fix it. Billet Tech parts on the way for a proper fix.

Already replaced the stock tires. What pieces of crap for any place that gets below 50F!!

Brakes are next. Time for more research.

Still love the beast. Compared to some cars I've owned, this car has a lot of problems. Compared to others, it's a maintenance dream. Overall I think the SRT8 Charger is hands down the best car on the road for me. Period. At any price. There are faster cars. There are roomier cars. There are more expensive cars. There are even roomier, faster, more expensive cars out there. For a total package I don't think you can beat the cars we own!!

:rocker:
I love this post because it's exactly the way I feel. Yea I know of a lot faster + roomier + expensive cars but not with a price range and overall satisfaction like I have with the SRT.

You definatly hit the nail right on the head in my book :beerchug:

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I pretty much agree. The only other car I think "maybe I should have gotten one of those..." is the Vette Z06. But you give up a lot of practicallity there.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I pretty much agree. The only other car I think "maybe I should have gotten one of those..." is the Vette Z06. But you give up a lot of practicallity there.
I had an 03 Z06...i know it`s a little diff in design and deff power, but i had mine less than a year cus of absolutely no room for nada....all you got room for a nice piece of...... my SRT does what i need it to performance wise and its got plenty of room for me....SRT= Happy man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts