Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
13 RT Reso Delete, FLowmaster 40's? Suggestions?

I have seen a milliion threads about exhaust mods, but I still haven't found one that happened to answer all of my questions so I am hoping to pick people brains for some knowledge

I want to get an exhaust mod done to my 13 RT. I do not want to spend the money for a full catback, since I am not too interested in performance and more interested in sound. I decided that some flowmaster super 40s mufflers and a resonator delete would be ideal for me. I also might throw some quad tips on there if I can get a good deal.

Now I have a few questions regarding this setup.

1.) Is it better to go with the blasting bob reso delete kits or just take it to a local muffler shop and have them jsut install their own piping? The blasting bob kits seem a little over priced in my opinion especially since its not even stainless steel and just aluminized steel like all muffler shops use.

2.) Do you have to use stainless steel pipe in the place of that resonator? I am having a pretty hard time finding a shop that has stainless steel piping. Most shops just use aluminized steel. Is it worth maybe ordering some stainless steel exhaust pipe online?

3.) Besides the Flowmaster super 40s, are there any other mufflers that people would recommend? I want it to sound pretty aggressive. I would like for the drone to not be insane, but I am open to dealing with some. Some people say, just a reso delete sounds pretty good. I hear that adding the flowmasters give it a really nice rumble and a good raspiness when releasing the throttle. if anyone even has any suggestions for another setup, I am completely open.

4.) How much do you think a shop would charge for this? I know I can get the flowmasters for about $90 a piece. I am just wondering how much a shop would charge to install them and do a reso delete using their own piping. Also pricing on installing a blasting bobs would be helpful

5.) Suggestions for exhaust tips?

I know I asked a lot of questions but I would really appreciate any feedback

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a '14 RT and I just took it to a local shop and got my Resonators and Mid Mufflers taken out and replaced with straight pipe which looks like it could possibly be the alumnized stuff you're talking about. You couldn't tell the difference between stainless steel and whatever is under my car if it is different in performance, visuals, or sound. To get the kit for the reso delete I think could possibly be a waste in money speaking you'll get the same sound result and nobody will be looking under your car like that I would assume but on the other hand it wouldn't because it will look a bit cleaner under the car than just pipe welded in. With my setup it sounds awesome and gives a mean growl. My favorite part are the downshifts and mean moderate accelarations. It does give a bit of drone when eco kicks in and cruising at unusual rpms but its not bad. You'll hardly notice after about 3 days. All that cost me 260. Adding tips and whatever else might be mid 300s

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay got you, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I think I will end up just doing the straight pipes too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have seen a milliion threads about exhaust mods, but I still haven't found one that happened to answer all of my questions so I am hoping to pick people brains for some knowledge

I want to get an exhaust mod done to my 13 RT. I do not want to spend the money for a full catback, since I am not too interested in performance and more interested in sound. I decided that some flowmaster super 40s mufflers and a resonator delete would be ideal for me. I also might throw some quad tips on there if I can get a good deal.

Now I have a few questions regarding this setup.

1.) Is it better to go with the blasting bob reso delete kits or just take it to a local muffler shop and have them jsut install their own piping? The blasting bob kits seem a little over priced in my opinion especially since its not even stainless steel and just aluminized steel like all muffler shops use.

2.) Do you have to use stainless steel pipe in the place of that resonator? I am having a pretty hard time finding a shop that has stainless steel piping. Most shops just use aluminized steel. Is it worth maybe ordering some stainless steel exhaust pipe online?

3.) Besides the Flowmaster super 40s, are there any other mufflers that people would recommend? I want it to sound pretty aggressive. I would like for the drone to not be insane, but I am open to dealing with some. Some people say, just a reso delete sounds pretty good. I hear that adding the flowmasters give it a really nice rumble and a good raspiness when releasing the throttle. if anyone even has any suggestions for another setup, I am completely open.

4.) How much do you think a shop would charge for this? I know I can get the flowmasters for about $90 a piece. I am just wondering how much a shop would charge to install them and do a reso delete using their own piping. Also pricing on installing a blasting bobs would be helpful

5.) Suggestions for exhaust tips?

I know I asked a lot of questions but I would really appreciate any feedback
I'll answer your questions in order! I had the exact setup you're looking for on my 2010 R/T, and currently have the same setup on my 2013 SRT. I have Flowmaster Super 40's with the resonators removed.

On both of my vehicles, I just went to a local guy, and he just installed piping where the resonators were. I personally don't think it's necessary to purchase an aftermarket kit.

Second, no you do not have to use stainless steel, I didn't. Unless you'd get a full stainless system, I don't see the point.

Third, I don't really have an opinion on anything other than Flowmaster. To me, I can't tell a difference between the Super 40's and Super 44's. The Super 10's sound good, but are obnoxiously loud. I like it, but I'd image the interior sound would get annoying, and I'm sure my neighbors would get annoyed as well. The 50's have a nice rumble, but aren't noticeably louder than the stock setup in my opinion. If someone likes the sound of the 50's I'd recommend just removing the re so's and leave the stock suitcase.

The Super 40's are noticeably louder, but not to the point of being obnoxious. You do get some drone, but nothing too bad, at least not for me. It isn't to the point of ever having to talk louder over it, nor having to turn the radio up to drown it out. The fart can I had on my Honda Civic when I was 17 was much, much worse.

To answer your fourth question, I'll tell you what I was quoted and what I paid. A local shop, using stainless piping plus the two muffler's, with install quoted me between $450-$500. The guy who I ended up going with, for both my R/T and SRT charged me $275.60 out the door. This was for labor, 2 Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers, and piping to replace both resonators.

As for tips, I have no idea, I just kept the stock tips on both cars.

Anyway, hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same setup on my 2014 R/T. I went to the local yellow shop (cd tire and muffler) and they removed the resonators for $90 and then later on i decided to add the flowmaster super 40's which i believe ran around $150 total. You do get a bit of drone around 2000 rpm but I think it sounds nice. It has a nice rumble when you start it up in the morning after its been sitting overnight. I plan to have an H Pipe set up sometime this month.

Side note: Prepare to get rev'd on by mustangs daily :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll answer your questions in order! I had the exact setup you're looking for on my 2010 R/T, and currently have the same setup on my 2013 SRT. I have Flowmaster Super 40's with the resonators removed.

On both of my vehicles, I just went to a local guy, and he just installed piping where the resonators were. I personally don't think it's necessary to purchase an aftermarket kit.

Second, no you do not have to use stainless steel, I didn't. Unless you'd get a full stainless system, I don't see the point.

Third, I don't really have an opinion on anything other than Flowmaster. To me, I can't tell a difference between the Super 40's and Super 44's. The Super 10's sound good, but are obnoxiously loud. I like it, but I'd image the interior sound would get annoying, and I'm sure my neighbors would get annoyed as well. The 50's have a nice rumble, but aren't noticeably louder than the stock setup in my opinion. If someone likes the sound of the 50's I'd recommend just removing the re so's and leave the stock suitcase.

The Super 40's are noticeably louder, but not to the point of being obnoxious. You do get some drone, but nothing too bad, at least not for me. It isn't to the point of ever having to talk louder over it, nor having to turn the radio up to drown it out. The fart can I had on my Honda Civic when I was 17 was much, much worse.

To answer your fourth question, I'll tell you what I was quoted and what I paid. A local shop, using stainless piping plus the two muffler's, with install quoted me between $450-$500. The guy who I ended up going with, for both my R/T and SRT charged me $275.60 out the door. This was for labor, 2 Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers, and piping to replace both resonators.

As for tips, I have no idea, I just kept the stock tips on both cars.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for your help. I think I will youtube what the Super 10's sound like. I am just going to find a local muffler shop and have them do it this weekend. I agree that the money for a reso delete kit isn't worth it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same setup on my 2014 R/T. I went to the local yellow shop (cd tire and muffler) and they removed the resonators for $90 and then later on i decided to add the flowmaster super 40's which i believe ran around $150 total. You do get a bit of drone around 2000 rpm but I think it sounds nice. It has a nice rumble when you start it up in the morning after its been sitting overnight. I plan to have an H Pipe set up sometime this month.

Side note: Prepare to get rev'd on by mustangs daily :)
Lol I am looking forward to it man. But thanks for the help man, I might take a look at the super 10's too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question, does anybody know if we our cars use the 2.5" muffler cutout or is it 2.25". Also I am thinking of getting the super 10's now and I am not sure if I need the ones that have an offset

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question, does anybody know if we our cars use the 2.5" muffler cutout or is it 2.25". Also I am thinking of getting the super 10's now and I am not sure if I need the ones that have an offset
I believe stock is 2.25 from what I'm seeing online. What was the difference from the super 10s and the 40s?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe stock is 2.25 from what I'm seeing online. What was the difference from the super 10s and the 40s?
The super 10's are the most aggressive street muffler that flowmaster offers. They actually don't even recommend it for street use. I am sure the drone will be somewhat annoying but I think I will adjust. I will post a vid after installation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts