Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought my R/T back in may, it now has a whole 2000 miles on it! (doesnt come out unless its nice out...chevy truck goes out in the crappy weather)

Thinking about doing Flowmaster Force II Catback,

never moded a car before so interested in any feedback or ideas about it. I know i dont want to go to American Thunder, i dont want to make it that loud. Not looking for a HUGE change, but a little bit deeper and maybe a hair louder would be nice.. nothing extreme.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
The Flowmaster Force II is the exhaust I plan on eventually going with. It has a nice sound that isn't too loud but definitely not stock either. Checkout this video:

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have the Force II and I love it. I actually have the one for the new gen Chargers on my '09, the only difference being the tips. It's perfect for me, just loud enough at start up and idle to know it's not stock and at full throttle you definitely know it's not stock. It does drone a little bit at certain speeds but nothing crazy, totally livable. I have some videos I can link if you're interested I'm hearing it?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have it and other then MDS I love it too. If you weren't in south jersey I would meet you to hear mine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi MFLSJHS,

If you’re looking to make your Charger a little louder and deeper, at Borla we offer our “Touring” and “S-Type” system for your car. Our “Touring” (part #140442) will give your RT a mild growl, that’s slightly louder than the factory exhaust. Our “S-Type” (part #140443) kicks up the volume more, giving your car a deeper, more aggressive tone. All of our systems are made of high quality, 300-series austenitic stainless and are specifically designed for each vehicle to give you the best in sound and performance. This would be the last exhaust system you would need to buy for your Charger because all of our systems also come with our Million Mile Warranty.

I included video links below of the “Touring” and “S-Type” systems installed on the 2011 RT. If you have any questions about our products, please give us a call at 805-986-8600 and we’ll help you out. Happy motoring!

VIDEO: Borla 140442 2011 Charger R/T (TOURING):

VIDEO: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T Borla Exhaust (S-TYPE):

Lindsay Lombardo
805-986-8600
Borla Exhaust
www.borla.com

·
Registered
230 Posts
if it were me i would cut the mid mufflers and try that first before spending alot on exhaust. its louder than stock, no drone, and pretty cheap. i had mine done for 60 bucks at the local shop and im happy with it. its worth looking into:bigthumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
what about interior drone on the touring system while in mds mode? thanks
You shouldn’t have to worry about drone with our Touring system, even while in MDS mode. Since the Touring is a more mellow system, it will give your car a mild growl, while still keeping the sound level low in the interior. I’d recommend trying to find someone in the area with the same Charger as you with our Touring exhaust, because it’s always best to listen to it in person.

·
Registered
906 Posts
i will be ordering the Borla S-type system with Kooks longtubes here shortly.. i really like the sound of the S-type.

·
Registered
79 Posts
exhaust

You shouldn’t have to worry about drone with our Touring system, even while in MDS mode. Since the Touring is a more mellow system, it will give your car a mild growl, while still keeping the sound level low in the interior. I’d recommend trying to find someone in the area with the same Charger as you with our Touring exhaust, because it’s always best to listen to it in person.
thanks lindsay, do you sell just the mufflers? pn etc... please, that's a little more than i am looking to spend right now for any catback. thanks again

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks lindsay, do you sell just the mufflers? pn etc... please, that's a little more than i am looking to spend right now for any catback. thanks again
We do have a wide selection of universal mufflers. If you could just let me know what pipe size you’re running, rough dimensions of the space you have to work with, inlet and outlet offsets, and what kind of sound you’re after, then I can give you some suggestions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's rad.. thanks. Any supporting mods you would recommend?
If you want to see even more gains in horsepower and torque, along with a louder, more aggressive sound, we also offer a long tube header for the 2013 Charger R/T. Keep in mind, if you add on our long tube header (part #17256) that it is for racing and off-road use only. Since our headers will remove your catalytic converters, your car will no longer be street legal, unless you add on aftermarket cats (which we don’t sell).

It’s okay to run without cats, but I’d recommend getting your car tuned if you want the code to go away. You can get a hand held tuner, aftermarket catalytic converters, or you can get a custom dyno tune for your car. A tune for your Charger would also bring out the most in our headers, giving you a little extra boost in horsepower/torque.

Just like our systems, our long tube headers are made of durable, high quality, austenitic T-304 stainless steel and come with our Million Mile Warranty. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 805-986-8600.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts