Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went to the track last night heres my slip:cry: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EkBBLqEDfc

Kind of disappointed, track was too packed to get a second run. Maybe next time with some practice i can do better.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Work on that 60' time and your in the low 13's. Crossing at 105.6 is movin for sure
I have crappy 60's in my RT too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice

Hey Jag...

I'm in So. Cal. what was the temp and what track???

If it was as hot up there as down here, that's pretty good...

Don't sweat it ....just takes more runs at the track..........and you did WIN!:grin:

Z

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was at famoso, temp was around 88 when i ran. Paul ran a nice time, doubt the heat was slowing me down that much. I totally screwed up on the launch.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
yea u wooped the other guy and it looks like he even got a jump on u. did u have esp on? or if it was off did u loose traction? that effects ur time ALOT

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
with some practice you will be banging out some nice numbers

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dude................

It was at famoso, temp was around 88 when i ran. Paul ran a nice time, doubt the heat was slowing me down that much. I totally screwed up on the launch.
Practice makes perfect...........Famoso is a fast track............you will be in the low 13's..............maybe better....have faith:) :) :)

Z

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
esp was off, i felt it get loose when 2nd hit thats when it felt like i was putting down power. On the streets i can launch at 1700rpm without major spin. Out there i was trying to be on the safe side at 1500rpm that didn't work out so well.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Well i went to the track last night heres my slip:cry: :

Kind of disappointed, track was too packed to get a second run. Maybe next time with some practice i can do better.
I was comparing your slip to my best(In cold March air) then noticed the GTO's time on the yellow time slip. It was the GTO's first track visit.
Your definitely low 13's if you get a 2.1 60'time.
When are you going back?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Funny... [email protected]%

looks like you need some 24's on that ***** and youll be running 13.4.

See thread on it right here in this section:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
The 60' time is killing you. My AWD pulls 2.0's.
Usually for every .2 in the 60' you will drop .2 in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thats pretty good for the first time out indeed. Trap speed is excellent. My best is a [email protected] (stock, but for a K&N air filter) in much cooler weather, but at 3200 ft.
Seems the best 60' times I can get is just to rev to about 1000rpm and then punch it off the line in full auto mode.

·
Registered
388 Posts
:lol:
looks like you need some 24's on that ***** and youll be running 13.4.

See thread on it right here in this section:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That's not too bad man, my best time from my only trip to the track so far was a [email protected], I was really disappointed in the trap speed, but the weather was 85 degrees with 77 percent humidity. You do need to get those 60' down a bit, I was able to get a 2.18 60' at best, just give the tires a couple seconds of spin to clear them of debris and brake stall to about 2000RPM, then quickly roll into the throttle. Oh and make sure ESP is disabled, not just off.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ESP was disabled, tried to launch at 1500rpm, and it started spining. BUt it was my fault i was too amp'd(was in line for 3+ hours).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wow, 3 hours in line, that blows. When I went to San Antonion Raceway I had to wait maybe 30 minutes to race, and in about 2.5 hours got in 5 runs, without rushing, just letting it cool down in between.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts