Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody. Tonight was a good night. Anyways the story goes like this. I was sitting around at home without any plans for today at about 4pm when Carlos aka BRUTE SRT texts me "wanna go to Famoso?". I'm like sure! So i quickly clean up and go wash my car then we make our way out to Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, CA for the LAST test % tune night of the YEAR! We got there an hour after the gates opened and OMFG......300 cars!!! We waited in line outside the gate for about 2 hours. To end the story short we both got in two runs.

Mods are as follow....

Me: See signature

Brute SRT(300 Srt)- Afe Stage 2, Zoomers, 170* thermostat, stock f1's

Also....

Met a cool guy named "Jag" aka forums "Jag" who happened to be on the lx and charger forums and his car was sick!

His mods: Gsm cai(i think), B&G stage 2, sotck Rsa's, Kooks headers with hi-flo cats, and cut-outs in the trunk waiting to be installed!

I believe Carlos' best time was his second and last run of a 13.1?!?! Awesome time!

I think Jag had traction issues and ran a 13.8. Not bad considering it was his first time at the track and got his headers installed today!

Now for Me.....first run 13.5 and guess what? The freakin ticket lady gave my timeslip to the wrong person and with 300 cars i was like Fu*******!!! I asked around for an houre to find the ticket but to no avail. I DID get my times fromt he tower but the head lady "wrote" it on a paper.... which is NO good for proof. I was pretty confident i would run another good time as my car was close to the staging lanes hence less time to heat up.

Keep in mind....on stock rims and Toyo Proxes 4 my best time was 13.04!

Tonight temp during burnout was 166*, drove around the water box and reversed into it and did a small 5 sec burn out, ESP off for 8 secs with gsm traction 100% off, fan mod on until start line, and NO power brake, just feather and floor! from autostick and let the TSB shift itself.

13.4 @ 106.4!!!

Timeslip below and witnesses everywhere. Carlos and his wife...and kids, Jag and his buddies, and everybody else who surrounded my car afterwards asking what mods i had.....and i told them just a few.... ..no really just a few.

I didn't make this thread for the H8**s and i don't even wanna say that word because it's a dumb thing to say. This post is just to SHOW u all what can be done and how little difference (0.4 seconds) there is on 24's

All opinions welcome! How you like me NOW all u anti 24" performance Guru's!!!:lol:

I'm #353...duh! and i ran against a Turbo C5 Zo6!:grin:

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
You have proved that you have lost 0.4 seconds with the bigger rims?
Are the replacement rims lighter, or heavier than the OEM rims?
Are the replacement tyres wider than the OEM tyres?

I confused as to what you are proving. :)

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I think most the "h8**s" think they look bad and hurt ride and comfort. Personally, I don't think they look good. But I also don't like some colors. That's what variety is about. I'm glad you like them. After all, that's what matters.
I'm sad you felt you had to prove something.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
EDIT>>>>MOD PLEASE CHANGE TITLE TO 13.40 not 13.04.... Thanks!

Brute SRT(300 Srt)- Afe Stage 2, Zoomers, 170* thermostat, stock f1's
Also....
Met a cool guy named "Jag" aka forums "Jag" who happened to be on the lx and charger forums and his car was sick!

His mods: Gsm cai(i think), B&G stage 2, sotck Rsa's, Kooks headers with hi-flo cats, and cut-outs in the trunk waiting to be installed!

I believe Carlos' best time was his second and last run of a 13.1?!?! Awesome time!

Keep in mind....on stock rims and Toyo Proxes 4 my best time was 13.04!

13.4 @ 106.4!!!

Timeslip below and witnesses everywhere. Carlos and his wife...and kids, Jag and his buddies, and everybody else who surrounded my car afterwards asking what mods i had.....and i told them just a few.... ..no really just a few.

I didn't make this thread for the H8**s and i don't even wanna say that word because it's a dumb thing to say. This post is just to SHOW u all what can be done and how little difference (0.4 seconds) there is on 24's

All opinions welcome! How you like me NOW all u anti 24" performance Guru's!!!:lol:
Nice SRT! However, regarding .4 seconds.... remember, that is about 4 car lengths, so it IS significant. Don't want to see you become cobalt bait. :lol:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Don't know why you worry about what others think. It's your ride. And what you like is what ought to matter. Do what is right for you, not what you think is impressive to others on this board. I'm not a huge fan of 24's, but that's just for me. If others want to do it for themselves, have at it. It looks OK to me. And I'm glad you got a decent run on the track with those wheels.

It's when those that do something like this, and then boast about it and come onto this forum and then think everyone should automatically think they are the best mod that there ever was... well, that's a bit much. Just be happy for yourself :)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Ahh ya .4 is pretty big in the racing world my friend. Im not saying I dont like 24s or not, Im just commenting on the time loss. I know when my friend was running 11.2s consistantly and he was trying to get into the 10s it took him alot of things to make up that .4 seconds. He finally accomplished it by redoing his turbo setup and such. But still nice run, .4 seconds on the street isn't that big of a deal, but in racing its alot. IMO.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I myself would be dissapointed at how much those 24" boat anchors slowed me down, but then, it's not my car.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
i ran a 27.3

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sounds like your really excited about losing .4 seconds in the 1/4, however you have to decide whether you want looks or quickest as your priority. The wheels look good but you lost .4 seconds. .4 seconds when running 13's is a hugh difference. I think I would have more to brag about for running a 12.9 @110 with just zoomers and stat.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Nice run...wish I could put down times like that in my RT!!!
Still dont llike 24's though

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think most the "h8**s" think they look bad and hurt ride and comfort. Personally, I don't think they look good. But I also don't like some colors. That's what variety is about. I'm glad you like them. After all, that's what matters.
I'm sad you felt you had to prove something.
I didn't feel i had to prove anything. Matter of fact i'm just sharing information to those with Srt-8's who are thinking of not going with the "norm"(22). Now they can be confident that 24's can pull just as good of track times as stock 20's and have the 24's off season

Sad for me? Whatever man:confused: a little out of line? Don't i have a right to be excited about running a fast time regardless of time compared to stock? A better launch and 13.2's aren't to out of reach.

I myself would be dissapointed at how much those 24" boat anchors slowed me down, but then, it's not my car.
You can run a .4 difference just based on traction and launching issues on a stock or modded Srt-8. Modded Srt's i ran around ran from 13.1-13.9. A little more than .4 difference

Sounds like your really excited about losing .4 seconds in the 1/4, however you have to decide whether you want looks or quickest as your priority. The wheels look good but you lost .4 seconds. .4 seconds when running 13's is a hugh difference. I think I would have more to brag about for running a 12.9 @110 with just zoomers and stat.
So you think it's just a lost? Ok

Cool, will do

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thats an amazing time with 24's. Guess you got the best of both worlds speed/looks. Last night was fun, i wish it wasn't the last test and tune out there. My time was just a newbie error my 60foot was 2.48 or something. That track is super slippery or i just suck, because on the street i can launch at 1700rpm, out there I thought was being safe launching at 1500rpm. Guess not, i spun all of first gear finally put down some power in second.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
wheels look good but you know you'd be faster without em. Just dont be like most goofs and leave the stock brakes. Upgrade wheels means brakes are a must to upgrade.I know its an srt but those brakes are upgraded cause of the extra horsepower. Brakes need to upgraded more for the bigger wheels. Keep it safe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I didn't feel i had to prove anything. Matter of fact i'm just sharing information to those with Srt-8's who are thinking of not going with the "norm"(22). Now they can be confident that 24's can pull just as good of track times as stock 20's and have the 24's off season

Actually ....and not trying to hate...but you will never run as fast on 24"s compared to 20"s....you're talking about a huge difference of unsprung weight.

According to the guys at GS Motorsports, they dynoed a SRT 8 Magnum and a SRT 8 Charger on 22"s (which are lighter than 24"s) numerous times and found a loss of approx. 30HP!!! each and every time.

The only reason I say anything is because I have a set of 22"s and they really do slow the car down.

Just food for thought......they look cool....but you will go a little slower.

Z

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
his times may be closer in the future once he gets used to lauching on the new meat . posibly :)

good runs congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
run hard and be safe .

·
Registered
639 Posts
End of the day its his car, if he's happy with a 13.4 on his wheels good for him. If he wants a faster time, he can ditch the wheels and mod.

·
Registered
93 Posts
thats a pretty good run considering you did it on 24's congrats...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts