Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a 12V Constant to connect my Pioneer XM Tuner to. The cig lighter isn't an option since I have to use it as ACC for my radio. I know there's one on the ignition harness but how easy is it to get to? Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on, someone has to know

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
If you pull off the center bezel and pull the wires out that connect to the ESP/Hazard controls near the vents, you'll find a small plug taped down to the bundle. This is used for the dash clock in the 300's.

The orange wire is to your dash lights/dimmer and will run when the lights are on. The black wire is the ground, but the third wire should power the clock. I'm pretty sure this will work for you.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
you could always run your own from the battery. Also I believe charginscott is correct that the socket inside the center console is always hot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody. I was able to tap in the wire the elcobra suggested. Worked out perfectly.:cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
the one in the ash tray can be used for acc for radio?
Yeah there's a post with pics somewhere. But if you pull out the ash tray assembly you can tap into the orange wire. Then you have to make sure that you have fuse #18 in an offset position from the rest of the fuses. That will make the cig lighter only hot when the key is in acc position. If you look at the fuse #18 in the rear fuse box you'll see what I mean by "offset".

Here's the link from LX Forums... http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=45194&highlight=lighter

·
Registered
580 Posts
The plugs say 12V 10A.
Fuse #18 I believe is 20A.
Is it possible to increase the amps safely?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts