Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine whom owns a Daytona claims he runs a 12.4 in the 1/4 with just intake, exhaust, and a tune, is that possible? I dont know much about Daytonas, never read up on them at all but I am highly doubtful of his claim. I told him I doubt he could even hit a 13.4 down here where its hot in Texas. So is he full of crap? I thought stock Daytonas were mid to low 14 sec cars and those mods putting it in high 13s.......

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
what year is his daytona? I know the 09 daytonas have a little more power. I doubt it he can run a 12.4 with just those mods. The average is around mid to high 13's. Next time you see him, ask him what his trap speed is. If its around 99-105 mph, then he probably is bull sh!tt!ng.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
It seems that most R/Ts (inc Daytonas) on this forum with those light mods run mid to high 13s.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
12.4 seems a bit off. Welcome to the forums :wave:

Guess with 500rwhp have difficulties getting into the 11 second range.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
yeah a 5.7 hitting lower 12's would require AT LEAST a cam accompanied with all of the other bolt on goodies, DR's and a sexy ass DA (maybe even a full stage2/3 package with heads)

or a stroker:biggrinjester:

One of the guys in my club has a cammed RT and recently did a 12.36 with a -7DA (which is now the record with stock heads)... so tell your friend to pull his head out of his butt and accept his low 14/high 13:cowsmile:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
:notallthere::lie:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
yeah a 5.7 hitting lower 12's would require AT LEAST a cam accompanied with all of the other bolt on goodies, DR's and a sexy ass DA (maybe even a full stage2/3 package with heads)

or a stroker:biggrinjester:

One of the guys in my club has a cammed RT and recently did a 12.36 with a -7DA (which is now the record with stock heads)... so tell your friend to pull his head out of his butt and accept his low 14/high 13:cowsmile:
yeah.....what about me.........12.59 in a stock heads and cam only R/T, I guess I'm not good enough:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Oh snap I thought that was your time lol! i thought tony was the 12.59
nope and mine was done with the STOCK converter!!

and to the OP, I would ask to see a slip!!!, the best I ever did with just bolt on's was 13.3's-13.4's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think he's just here to bust his Daytona-driving friend.
lol pretty much I just bought a C5 Z06 and was thinking wtf if hes really running that I better get rid of the run flats if I am going to race him

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol pretty much I just bought a C5 Z06 and was thinking wtf if hes really running that I better get rid of the run flats if I am going to race him

actually let me rephrase

lol pretty much I just bought a C5 Z06 and was thinking wtf if hes really running that I shouldve bought the SRT8 Charger I almost bought

·
Registered
180 Posts
you should have bought the charger :yesnod:
yes you should of. youd beat the Daytona, im not sure bout the SRT, dont know enough about vettes, but I do know that you should choose an SRT Charger over that haha :rocker:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Doing your homework ! I can respect that. If you can drive that car and run DR's its capable of 11.90's ive seen it .. Yep I saw a bone stock c5 Z06 run 11.9 on drag radials.... So dont be afraid !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts