Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the drag race scene(at the strip). I am still learning but need some help. I don't have enough experience yet but curious as to what RWHP and 1/4 times I should be getting with this trap speed of 111MPH. I ran 13.22 with this trap speed and know it should be better. My mods are listed below in the sig.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Based off your trap speed you are ~380RWHP, which then translates to a ~12.8, this isn't off experience so when people chime in it should be more accurate, I just used 1/4 calculators on different sites. Also keep in mind the head, humidity, and DA have a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
If you have a timeslip post it. 60 foot times are a great indicator to whether or not your launch is buggering up your run.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That sound very wrong. You should have much faster times with all your mods and 100 shot. You should be in the mid to low 12's. Do you have drag radials?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
sounds like you need some real tires for the track.

·
Registered
414 Posts
With Drag radials/slicks and a TC you be in the mid 12's easy. When you get better possibly low 12's. I run the same time with a trap speed of 107... I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure 4 more MPH is pretty significant.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I need drag radials but I am currently unemployed and the Nitto's are about $570 for 2 plus I want 2 extra rims just for the nittos so I can just use them at the track. My trap speed is good but my time does suck, I know( I think I can even get higher trap speed too). This is doing a run with no load. I had my foot on the brake and when the light went green my foot went off the brake and right foot to the gas. I can't get traction putting my foot to the floor at the start but once going I pull hard.
I tried a run loading the RPM to about 1500 but I was sideways down the track the first half and had to pull up.(E/T in the 15's)
Well Midnight Madness is July 31 and I'll get some more times and will post timeslips.:D

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Yea, I need drag radials but I am currently unemployed and the Nitto's are about $570 for 2 plus I want 2 extra rims just for the nittos so I can just use them at the track. My trap speed is good but my time does suck, I know( I think I can even get higher trap speed too). This is doing a run with no load. I had my foot on the brake and when the light went green my foot went off the brake and right foot to the gas. I can't get traction putting my foot to the floor at the start but once going I pull hard.
I tried a run loading the RPM to about 1500 but I was sideways down the track the first half and had to pull up.(E/T in the 15's)
Well Midnight Madness is July 31 and I'll get some more times and will post timeslips.:D
being unemployed sucks, i was there for 2 months very recently. and it almost broke me completely.

however, skip on the Nittos , ESPECIALLY if youre getting 2 extra rims for tires dedicated to racing.

the Nitto DR's suck major ass, and a hoosier or Micky Thompson is worth 2 or 3 tenths more than the nitto any day of the week.

the *ONLY* reason to run a nitto tire is if you use a 20" rim, which .... well if you have dedicated racing wheels would be just plain stupid.
get 17" wheels, this will lower your effective gear ratio, giving you more power out of the hole, give you 100x more tire options than a 20" wheel, and be more light weight.

--

in regards to launch, dont worry about stalling it up until you have tires.
i would brake stand to about 1000rpm, and roll into the throttle as you let off the brake. dont totally mash it.

youre on the right track, and when you get some money in your pockets, a set of good tires will put you in the 12's no questions asked.

remember the rule of thumb (and this will always hold true, watch your time slips and you will see):
ONE TENTH GAINED IN THE 60ft = TWO TENTHS GAIN IN THE 1/4 MILE

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I agree that 111 mph is about 12.8 in the quarter with decent hook and street tires. With drag radials maybe a bit less

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yup I'll have to agree I've read a few people did not like the Nittos at all and were surprised as to how much better MT's or Hoosiers were. As for pretty much what Miles said was spot on. Now before you get all crazy buying stuff is your car paid off yet? If not save that money just in case you don't find work or else they will repo your car with nice new tires on it.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
being unemployed sucks, i was there for 2 months very recently. and it almost broke me completely.

however, skip on the Nittos , ESPECIALLY if youre getting 2 extra rims for tires dedicated to racing.

the Nitto DR's suck major ass, and a hoosier or Micky Thompson is worth 2 or 3 tenths more than the nitto any day of the week.

the *ONLY* reason to run a nitto tire is if you use a 20" rim, which .... well if you have dedicated racing wheels would be just plain stupid.
get 17" wheels, this will lower your effective gear ratio, giving you more power out of the hole, give you 100x more tire options than a 20" wheel, and be more light weight.

--

in regards to launch, dont worry about stalling it up until you have tires.
i would brake stand to about 1000rpm, and roll into the throttle as you let off the brake. dont totally mash it.

youre on the right track, and when you get some money in your pockets, a set of good tires will put you in the 12's no questions asked.

remember the rule of thumb (and this will always hold true, watch your time slips and you will see):
ONE TENTH GAINED IN THE 60ft = TWO TENTHS GAIN IN THE 1/4 MILE
He said it all ! :rocker: :D

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
111 should be about a 12.2-12.0 with a good 60'.

I had a 12.7 @ 111 when I had my Stage II and the forged 6.1 engine and was on street tires. That was when I said that 6.1 engine had to go....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now I'm not spending a dime on the car. Unemployment in Missouri sucks,though I live in Illinois , I worked in Missouri and get benefits from that state. Max is $320/wk with an extra $25 coming from stimulus. My car payment is $509 so I'm pretty much screwed as to weekly expenditures. Between a car payment and other bills I have about $20/week spending money. I guess if things go sour I can dip into my 401K if I have to but that's a very last resort.
Back to racing, Thanks for the heads up on the tires. I guess I will go with something other than Nitto. Hell, at the track I want pewrformance over looks any day. But right now, I'll take a suggestion from another thread and lower my rear tire pressure to 22-23psi and see what that does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts