Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a few people ask about the Molten Red interior. I think many are afraid it's a bright as the regular red interior. I took some more pictures of my car, including some interior ones that I tried hard to keep true to the actual color.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Are the armrests as nicely-padded as they look? That would be a very nice improvement over just about every car I've ever been in! :)

Nice pics!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, indeed they are.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Love the exterior color. The interior is a great match. Not too bright, just right.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
676 Posts
That looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I keep trying to think of how I could mod it, but I really like it the way it is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Leave the car alone, mod the driver. Take it to Pocono for a track day! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I carpool and tomorrow isn't my day to drive, sadly.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
looks good!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I knew there was something about that interior color that was tripping my memory. Back in the mid 1980s when I had my custom Auto Upholstery business, I used to use an interior vinyl called "Oxblood" that was a close match to that two-tone red color. It was a stock color on the mid 1980s Chevy cars.

No wonder why I felt a visceral negative response to it. I did so many damned vinyl seats in that color that I never want to see it again.

I'm glad you like it, but for me it isn't something I would ever want in my car. :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Also, BMW used the Oxblood color leather many years ago on the E28 in the mid 80s...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very similar. The smoke overlay is missing.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Looks beautiful. Love the interior color combination.

Only regret is it lacks factory projector hid. Why would dodge use halogen lamp on this special edition car? Most stock version R/Ts have projector hid.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks beautiful. Love the interior color combination.

Only regret is it lacks factory projector hid. Why would dodge use halogen lamp on this special edition car? Most stock version R/Ts have projector hid.
That surprised me too. I drive so little at night that it really didn't matter.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Actually, I'm thinking Watkins Glen.
ooooooo, The Glen is at the top of my "bucket list!". :bowdown:

Get some experience on some easier tracks first, though, The Glen has NO runoff area! Watch a few videos on YouTube to get a feel for the track. I do that for each track I go to. ;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Great pics, thanks bud. I love the color combination, especially because it's a two tone interior and not "all red" like the standard red on red color combo outside of the 100th edition. I wouldn't touch that car with interior or exterior show mods, I'd go performance and maybe wheels if I was feeling crazy.

I've always liked the BMW color combos with black exterior and the oxblood/scarlet/whatever you wanna call it interior so this is right in my wheelhouse.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts