Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty everyone! My 2006 charger r/t just turned 100K miles and i am curious what should be done, I'm not the most car savvy individual but i can do some stuff.

What should be checked/replaced as of 100K? i managed to pull my cars service record from the dealership i purchased it from (i am the second owner) and i did not see any indication of any 50k or 75k tune ups or components being replaced. I purchased the car with just over 80k on the odometer and have had very little issues with it aside from a stalling issue that was related to a oil pressure sensor that has since been repaired.

What can i do to keep my car running great for another 50-75K or at least until i trade up for a superbee or something fun :p

If needed i can upload the service record, but i warn you its a good 30 some pages. I was told when i purchased it all work was done at the dealership, since i have had the charger any and all repairs have been done at a shop i trust more and i can pull those records as well.

Thanks for all the help guys, you guys rock!

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
dxm765,

This is from Schedule B for your 2006.

Coolant
Engine Oil
Steering Fluid
Differential Fluid
Transmission Fluid
Brake linings inspected
Belts and tentioner
Hoses
Air Filter

These are what I would look at along with verifying from the Schedule B

The first 4 we manufacture that is better than OEM.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Since you have all the prior service records, check to see if the transmission was serviced and when the spark plugs were last changed as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After searching through my 40 odd pages of previous service records there was no indication of any service to the engine/transmission only ever oil changed and lubes.

Whats my best course of action?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Well then given that, you need to change the spark plugs and have the tranny serviced as a start. Rear differential fluid probably needs to be replaced too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That appointment is certainly getting made tomorrow, the oil just got changed today (Wednesday the 23rd). Anything else that should be changed/looked at for safe measure?

Also the inner and outer tie rods were just replaced today as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts