Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ran at the track for the first time with nitrous tonight...100 shot.

Previous times...

13.27 @ 105 w/ 2.00 60'

Nitrous times...

12.34 @ 114 w/ 1.94 60'

Times were very consistant - and the best was that I was up against a Z06...and beat him every time. The guy obsiously wasn't very good at driving it yet because he was running 12.9 - 13.3 all night, but it was still fun beating him :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was at 950 psi

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I shut the heater off when it hits 950...I thought I heard something about the Zex kit not liking much higher than that and don't want to chance it.

I did find out my window switch isn't set at optimal points according to a reliable LX'er.

I have it set to come on at 3000 and shut off at 5900 rpms. Looks like I can drop it to about 2800 on, and 6200 off, so I probably left some power/time on the table. If the weather is nice I may go again tomorrow and find out.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I have NOS in my 1993 lumina and 1992 ford f150

lol jk waste of a post I know.

HIDS!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
i dont even think ive got the jets to go as low as 100 hit lol each system on my 762 is 250. but i think iam gonna try the viper which is the system inside the intake and the first system out once we get the car together. id like to have both systems on by 1 second but it may be a problem till we get the car worked out. on all for it will need every system on in right 3.8 seconds.car should go 4.50's in the 1/8th. must of the must pro modified guys that run my same motor have all systems on at 2.9! but when you got a top fuel tire compared to the 33x10.5w tire i run and iam 3,000 lbs not 2,500 they can turn on there stuff alot sooner.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
neways thats a great time dennyt i didnt know 100 shot would take almost a whole second off the qtr.
Thanks. I think with the new window switch settings and the right night, I can hit 11's...then it's time for the 125 shot

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a Zex system. How much was everything? Was it a tough install? Did you install different plugs and use a different tune than stock? Is a 100 shot pretty safe for the motor? How are your half shafts holding up? Any other mods you recommend to go with the nitrous?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks. I think with the new window switch settings and the right night, I can hit 11's...then it's time for the 125 shot
i wouldnt look to pick up 3 tenths on a 125 hit. 175 will maybe get you there.our lil shop car has a 383 small block chevy in it with a single stage plate system and from 175 hit to 250 we only got 3 tenths. went from a 9.41 to a 9.11 and both runs had 1.30 60 foot. but hey if you can do then more power to you. let me know what happens.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking of getting a Zex system. How much was everything? Was it a tough install? Did you install different plugs and use a different tune than stock? Is a 100 shot pretty safe for the motor? How are your half shafts holding up? Any other mods you recommend to go with the nitrous?
Well I went with a cool setup...

Zex Hemi kit
Zex window switch
Zex remote opener
Bottle warmer
NOS "Pressure On Demand" setup...this is the cool part. It's a little digital box that is in my center console that I turn on, open the bottle, and turn the heater on with, and the digital display shows the pressure from the pressure sensor in the bottle. Very sweet. Total setup cost me about $1350 shipped, but if you are only using it at the track you could probably get away with a little less.

Installation was very easy, but there are some things that they don't explain well in the directions for programming the control unit. If you do it, I can try to help but "THE MAN" is member JMatt. He helped me trouble-shoot and figure out some issues.

From everything I read on here and other LX forums, a 100 shot does not need colder plugs, and I've had no issues so far. I don't have any tuning done - my only mods are Magnaflow catback, GSM intake, and GSM ESP mod.

Can't really speak to the safety on engine, or the long term damage to rings, etc. because I don't know enough. I am taking the approach that if something happens, it will be a good excuse to go to a 426 stroker :grin:

Half-shafts...as far as I know on the stock tires you should be fine. I've seen posts about people snapping them running slicks. I also only do a quick burnout in the box - I don't try to give a smoke show.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wouldnt look to pick up 3 tenths on a 125 hit. 175 will maybe get you there.our lil shop car has a 383 small block chevy in it with a single stage plate system and from 175 hit to 250 we only got 3 tenths. went from a 9.41 to a 9.11 and both runs had 1.30 60 foot. but hey if you can do then more power to you. let me know what happens.
Well I respectfully disagree. I mean I picked up a second on a 100 shot, and as I said, the window switch wasn't set for optimal spray. New settings will get me 500rpms of spray in every gear. I could feel the car "hit the wall" at the top of every gear because I didn't have it spraying long enough. I think I can hit 11's on the 100 shot with a good run on a good night. 125 - I am sure it will happen.

·
Registered
280 Posts
ive never had any customers of mine run the zex stuff so keep me informed with how it does. i do more exotic nitrous system from speed tech. some of my intakes run $3,500 after the 4 systems are on. after running nitrous cars over the past 14 years id be really shocked if you can get a 100 shot to work that well. what type of fogger nozzel does that system run? watch your messages cause i mite be getting your number so i can talk to you about this set up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will take some tomorrow.

I have everything inside the console - the arming switch and purge button are on the inside front right below the coin slots. The digital display/control box has the wiring coming from the rear since the line runs to the trunk.

I'll get some pics up

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ive never had any customers of mine run the zex stuff so keep me informed with how it does. i do more exotic nitrous system from speed tech. some of my intakes run $3,500 after the 4 systems are on. after running nitrous cars over the past 14 years id be really shocked if you can get a 100 shot to work that well. what type of fogger nozzel does that system run? watch your messages cause i mite be getting your number so i can talk to you about this set up.
I'll let you know how I do next time at the track...Wednesdays are test and tune nights, so if it's nice this week I'll go again.

I honestly couldn't tell you what type of nozzle it uses - I bought the kit and that's about as much as I know. This is my first nitrous sytem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Near Pittsburgh, PA...track elevation is 1250'

1 - 20 of 29 Posts