Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all Hello fellow Charger Owners! I am new to this forum and i have a question. I had this guy tell me that if you turn the key towards the start position for 10 seconds or until a beep while going 10 miles an hour it will completly disengage the Trac Control, Is this true? And will it hurt my car to do this...:nervous s

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
you dont have to do it for 10 seconds but it does work on most cars. some people have said it depends on the build date but im not sure what the exact date is. It works on my car. I dont do it that often but I havent ever had problems with it

·
Registered
928 Posts
yeah its more like 2 seconds in mine, I think they figured it out that you have to have a mid 06 or newer build

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 Question

yeah its more like 2 seconds in mine, I think they figured it out that you have to have a mid 06 or newer build
Thanks! does it create any problems for the computer in the car? And did you get a better tire smoker when you did it?:smoke:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Build date cut-off is April 2006, and even then, some 04/06-built cars it works on, and on some it doesn't.

(works on mine :D)

·
Registered
928 Posts
yeah it has to do with which computer you have in your car, one member a long time ago confirmed that when his cpu went bad and dodge replaced it with a new one under warranty his WAS able to do the turn key.

From what I have seen there are roughly 3 different computers they have used, the original, an interum one that was short lived ( evidence has been seen of this by the fact that some 06 models cannot use the no esp mod's or turn key) and the new one which works for no esp mods and turn key.

·
Registered
108 Posts
how does this differ than just pressing the trac controll button off.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
how does this differ than just pressing the trac controll button off.
Pressing the button on non SRT models turns it off about 50%, you can spin a little but it still protects you from yourself, where with the turn key, you can be as stupid as you want, lol.

PS works on mine, I don't do it often but I haven't seen any problems. Only thing is you have to turn your car off and back on again to reset it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Pressing the button on non SRT models turns it off about 50%, you can spin a little but it still protects you from yourself, where with the turn key, you can be as stupid as you want, lol.

PS works on mine, I don't do it often but I haven't seen any problems. Only thing is you have to turn your car off and back on again to reset it.
Thanks buddy, last question how do you know when it actually engages do you hear a tone or something?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Thanks buddy, last question how do you know when it actually engages do you hear a tone or something?
It chimes and you get a yellow ESP/BAS and squiggles (tires marks out of control, lol) on your dash.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Its really fun, step on the brake and the gas, get it to 2500 rpm, off the gas and gun it and cut the wheel. Lots of squealing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Tones!

WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY THE RADIO BLINKS FOR A SECOND AND YOUR TRAC LITE AND ANOTHER LIGHT COMES ON IN THE DASH. BUT YOU ARE THEN SET TO SMOKE EM ALL THE WAY UP THE STREET :clap: I JUST TRIED IT ON MINE LAST NITE AND THE COP DIDNT SEE MY TAG OR THE CAR WEEEHOOO!! JUST REMEMBER THOSE TIRES ARENT CHEAP USE SPARINGLY!!!:headbang:

·
Registered
65 Posts
From what I have seen there are roughly 3 different computers they have used, the original, an interum one that was short lived ( evidence has been seen of this by the fact that some 06 models cannot use the no esp mod's or turn key) and the new one which works for no esp mods and turn key.
Is there a consensus on the build dates of what computers were used at what time?

Mine is a 1-06 build and I am looking at the no-esp mod soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts