Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got off of the phone with my dealer. My estimated ship date on my Daytona was 27 JUL 05, here it is 16 AUG 05 no car. I ordered it on 07 JUN 05, and figured that since I got in so early I would see it around 01 AUG. So today I was told that it was released from the body shop on 06 AUG, and it is sitting in status code DZ, which I can't find on any of our posts. So hopefully 1 day IT will come. Granted I talked to a guy who ordered one 3 days after me and he doesn't even have a VIN yet, so that made me feel a little better. Just wanted to rant a little bit with people that can sympathize with me seeing that my good wife just can't understand why I am so anxious. (Seeing that I did con her into the fact that I DID NOT buy a sports car, because sports cars don't have four doors :p )

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Did you order it with the protection group?
That has been a hold up for a lot of people.
That package was put on hold and cars with it will not be built until September.
________
Find Headshop

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is it possible your dealer is not alocated one? I ordered mine on June 13th and according to Brampton it is in "frame" or E status as of yesterday.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No protection group on mine, the car is done, it has left the body shop, it is just in limbo. The dealer is allocated 3 as far as I have been told.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey Shoup, you stated that it is "... sitting in status code DZ...". Could it be possible that it is in KZ? KZ means "Released by plant, invoiced". There are a dozen or more sub codes like KZM ("First rail depature") and ending with KZX ("Delivered to dealer"). So I hope you just got it a little confused and it is winging its way to you on the rail.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he misinformed me on the code. I called back today and he said it is sitting in Detroit awaiting transport to dealer. He claims, granted I am not going to hold my breath, 4-5 more days. We shall see though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts