Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any postings that have actual 1/4 mile times in them. A few with 1/8 but none with 1/4.

What I'd like to know is what is the 1/4 time for an RT without the performance package versus an RT with the performance package. Any one have numbers that are based on something other than a magazine article ?

·
Banned
113 Posts
expect mid to high 13's and the perf package won't really help enough to be noticeable. Go with a proper aftermarket exhaust and CAI no matter which route you wanna go

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Mid 13s is stretching it, I think. I think the R/T package might give a hair, maybe 1-2 10ths, but no more than that.

Very, very high 13s for that one, and low 14s for the R/T.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The average driver is only going to get mid to high 14's at best with either package.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well my Charger RT with Perf should be arriving the weekend of the 29th of Sept. And the second weekend in Oct, a friend with his SRT4 was looking at hitting a track down in Iowa, and wanted me to bring the Charger. So if all goes as planned, I will try to go and post some slips. :happy:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
This weekend at Moroso a regular charger R/T with K&N cai ran a 14.53

weather was 91 degrees 70% humidity

on another note a srt-10 quad cab ran 15 minutes later a 13.98

there was a sweet viper gts supercharged ran a 10.43!!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
The Reg R/t Has A Reg Engine Controller To Set Top Speed At 118 Because It Dose Not Have Speed Rated Tires And The R/t Pkg Has High Engine Controller Witout A Limitor Because It Has Speed Rated Tires. On The Old 300m It Was Worth 2 Hundredths From 0-60 And In 1/4 Mile Is Was Worth 1 Tenth Of A Sec.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Jim? you with us? R/T is 127, becuase the tires are 130 rated. The Road and Track package cars should be the same as the Daytona, 145, I believe.

Maybe the SXT is 118.

·
Registered
263 Posts
radguy said:
The average driver is only going to get mid to high 14's at best with either package.
Maybe at 95 - 100 degrees F and after been ran five or six times for those fairly conservative numbers...

at temps around 75 - 80 F fresh run...more in the neighborhood of 13.8 - 13.9 with R&T...

I could see taking another tenth or two off with a nice CAI and higher perf. exhaust. When the programmers get put out, take another tenth or two away from that...so after those three mod's alone, one might be sitting at 13.4 -13.6.

My question is, how much would that Novi 1200 supercharger shave away? ...enough to sit one's ass back in the seat I would hope...but I don't think the stock RT engine could handle it longrun...maybe the SRT8 engine could.

Another question of aerodynamics...would dropping the front end down 1.5 - 2 inches help on the 1/4 mile any? (little I know, but any at all is better than none at all).

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Probably not, because if it helped, Dodge would've built them that way. An aerodynamic savings that could be so easily achieved would've certainly been built into the cars to help CAFE compliance.

·
Banned
113 Posts
GoDaddy needs to get his ass to the track.... he lowered his like 2.2" and has the exhaust, CAI and plenty of other mods done....

the R/T perf package basically means you've got a daytona with more paint style selections for the most part :)

I hate those black decals on the daytona BTW

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
who me? you talking to me? i would embarrass myself...i like racing off the red light but i would make an a$$ of myself at a track...although i did have a camaro guy say to come out one night...it is like 45 minutes from here....maybe after the gsm mod i will give it a try?! but don't hold your breath. hehe i need another charger for support....anyone?????

oh and one more thing i just thought of - i would HAVE to wait a month or so - it is just so damn hot down here right now - oct or nov would be perfect time....weather is a little cooler.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
dagummit said:
Maybe at 95 - 100 degrees F and after been ran five or six times for those fairly conservative numbers...

at temps around 75 - 80 F fresh run...more in the neighborhood of 13.8 - 13.9 with R&T...

I could see taking another tenth or two off with a nice CAI and higher perf. exhaust. When the programmers get put out, take another tenth or two away from that...so after those three mod's alone, one might be sitting at 13.4-13.6.
"published" times for the R/T with r/t range anywhere from 14.1 @101 to 14.6 @100 with the average of [email protected] CAI WON'T GIVE YOU A TENTH !
maybe a few hundreths at best, you might get a tenth for a good exhaust,MIGHT...There is an esp eliminator out there that showed a verifiable 4 tenth drop in et's...but only one run to substantiate that claim...so far, the DCx engine controller is basically impossible to hack at this point...a slightly shorter tire might help get you to 13.9, but mid 13's with mild mods is a pipe dream...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
chargershed said:
..There is an esp eliminator out there that showed a verifiable 4 tenth drop in et's...but only one run to substantiate that claim.
Now see, and dont take this wrong, CS, but this is why I'm such a weiner about data:) We have one car, not stock by any means. He makes a run in late Aug, ambient temp about 84. He makes another run two weeks later, two hours later in the day, ambient in this case is known to be mid 60s.

So that is not what I would call "verifiable". Variables in data leads to bad data. Of course, sample size is a factor also, but in this arena we'll never have enough samples with the ame condiditons to get a good sample size.

So we gather lots of data, knowing that we are going to end up with nothing better than a range, given our small sample size and poor initial conditions.
We end up saying that "in general" such and such is true.

I want to see at least four-five cars make a few runs on and off. Til then, I reserve judgement on any benefit, and longer than that for possible damage to the trans over time.

GD, you really should go. Folks are helpful at the track. Explain it;s your first time, they'll hook you up. Myself, I had never been before I got the SRT-4 in 2003. Was nervous myself, but only a few times and I was hooked:)
And you dont have the worry I did about wheelhopping or stalling on launch:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
maneval69 said:
My best, first time to the track with the perf. group package. (500 miles on the car at the time)

60' 2.187
330' 6.166
1/8 9.357 MPH 77.06
1000' 12.114
1/4 14.425 @ 96.74 MPH
Temp was 82
Elevation 211'

original post, time slips in post #5
Here is what my stock 06 Charger RT wtih out performance group.

Click Picture (#342)

·
Registered
245 Posts
farkedup said:
GoDaddy needs to get his ass to the track.... he lowered his like 2.2" and has the exhaust, CAI and plenty of other mods done....

the R/T perf package basically means you've got a daytona with more paint style selections for the most part :)

I hate those black decals on the daytona BTW
I actually like the decals They make the car really stand out, when I drove an R/T in Mag.pearl for 2 days before getting my Daytona, a few people here & there would give it a quick glance, but with the Daytona it's like driving a Ferrari, seems like a lot more people look, anywhere from school kids to older people, at a stop light some people just stare at it. I think the Charger is an awsome car, but the R/T just looked too plain for me and seemed to blend in. I am very happy I bought the Daytona. I just hope the decals last the life of the car.

·
Banned
113 Posts
I like to try to blend in when I'm doing 120MPH :) silver 4dr does that very well.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts