Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the forum. Just recently picked up my 09 SXT with a 3.5L High Output engine. Looking for ideas about some mods that have worked for you guys that enhanced overall performance. I'm thinking CAI, exhaust, and possibly a tuner. Any suggestions? Also, how will these mods affect the dealers warranty??

·
Registered
261 Posts
get the diablo pred. tuner , i think most will agree .. now for cai they are about the same most have the afe stage 2 , there are 2 Super charger kits floating around .. tho one is like 3 grand other is I belive 4 or 5 .. but a good start would deff be the Diablo Pred.. tuner , runni about 350 375..

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
CAI and exhaust are always a good start, but budget is going to factor in as far as any suggestions.

I like the Mopar CAI personally (don't actually have one - just have a generic intake - but it's on my list). Between $200-300 usually; sometimes you can find someone selling a used one for less but they typically go fast.

There are TONS of exhaust options, from SRS or Mopar or other manufacturers' cat-back exhausts (most expensive) custom-fabbing your own with whatever mufflers you want (mid-range pricing) to slapping on the stock exhaust from a R/T or Daytona (cheap or even free, and what I did - by the way, please please PLEASE stay AWAY from the SRT exhaust! It is NOT a good idea; the pipe diameter is way too large for our engine and you will lose too much low-end torque). In the end it'll be up to what you want and how much you can spend.

The Diablosport Predator is your tuner and couldn't be simpler to use. Like mentioned above it'll run you around $375. Don't forget to get the cables with it, which run another $30-50.

You might consider headers as well, though the parts will be right around $600 and the install will cost you more than that usually. You might also want a custom tune if you go with headers, which will add another $300-400.

Are ya broke yet?! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got the AFE Stage 2 CAI and a predator tune on my 09 SXT and the difference before and after is pretty amazing. The CAI gives a decent growl when I floor it and the predator tune makes the car overall just much more responsive. It also seems to be helping my gas mileage. I was getting ~18mpg before the tune and its been gradually creeping up over the last few weeks since I did it. I actually averaged just over 21mpg in the city on my last tank.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I have dual exhaust, Predator, and AFE Stage 2 CAI.

The Predator gives you the performance gain. My exhaust just sounds good, but nothing gained performance-wise. My CAI makes the exhaust sound even better, and there is a performance gain as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts