Charger Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Mike:
Congrats on finally having your Charger on the ground there. Sorry to hear of the engine damage. You should be able to make use of an engine from a similar year 300. The Hemi was updated for '09, and the Magnum went away after '08, so those Hemis may not be an exact match.

@ HemiLonestar:
We'd like to think that FCA/Stellantis has fixed the 5.7L lifter issue, but we continue to see it in '15-'16 Chargers, as well as '15-'18 Durangos. It's my understanding, that they were upgraded/updated, or at minimum, changed suppliers for 2016.

Don

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
3,129 Posts
Anything 2009 or newer with a 5.7 will work. They changed the crank tone wheel after 2012, supposedly it works if you use the year specific crank sensor. I don't know, I can't confirm that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Anything 2009 or newer with a 5.7 will work. They changed the crank tone wheel after 2012, supposedly it works if you use the year specific crank sensor. I don't know, I can't confirm that.
Really, anything? I'm looking at acquiring not only just the engine block anymore, but the entire engine - the damage is too severe.
Brown Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
3,129 Posts
Really, anything? I'm looking at acquiring not only just the engine block anymore, but the entire engine - the damage is too severe.
View attachment 303688
There may be minor differences, the truck cam is a tad bit more aggressive but the basic long block is the same, just use your front cover and peripherals. Avoid the hybrid version, those have EGR drilled in the head.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, quick update. After what feels like forever I now have the car running, registered and insured. It took 6 months from winning the auction to have it finally in the garage in my apartment building (actually one right next to mine, as the one right under is full, ugh).

I ended up having to go for a complete engine swap for one sourced from a 2013 Challenger. I also bought a new set of headlights that I had modified for H1 lenses, so that I could have it registered (turns out I didn't REALLY have to do this, but it's going to make my life easier - every inspection is going to accept these, rather than only ones that know that there are no European 2005-2010 Charger headlights out there). Good job anyway, because the stock bulbs sucked.

I also had the AC checked out and refilled, did a conversion of the rear lights for EU standards, added fog lights and deleted bulbs in the orange side lights (position lights? I forget the name).

I'll take more photos soon, right now enjoying the car and seeing what else there is to do. A couple of upholstery fixes maybe. Also, the gauge cluster has weird dark spots when the lights are on, I will have to replace the layer that lights up the gauges (luckily there is a local company that makes these for around 200 zł = 50 bucks). Custom ones are twice that, but still on the fence if I want that.

PS: the car is HUGE and I don't know if I will be able to leave when all the spots are taken LOL.

Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
Blue Pearl Coat 2016 R/T
4 Posts
Looking good! Blank canvas

I've been to Europe many times, but I thought the licence plates there were a bit longer. Is this some kind of a special shortened version or a photoshop?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Looking good! Blank canvas

I've been to Europe many times, but I thought the licence plates there were a bit longer. Is this some kind of a special shortened version or a photoshop?
It is a shorter plate. Poland imports quite a lot of cars from the US and enthusiasts wanted to have plates that will fit the smaller dip in the bumper/stock US plate mount, so the government gave us the option (this will also fit JDM cars if I'm not mistaken). No extra charge and it looks a lot better.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts