Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm new here but I've done alot of creeping on this site, I can't find a direct answer and I wouldn't mind hearing someone else's opinion, I was driving one day and I got a ding, I looked at my cluster and I had the low tire pressure warning, I drove another 2 days without checking ( stupid me) and out of no where I get another ding, this time I get 3 lights plus my low pressure, so I get the abs, eps/bas and the traction control. So I pulled over and turned the car off and turn it back on after 2 mins. Still all the warnings. So when I get home I filled the tire up thinking it would get rid of the other 3 lights, wrong! All 3 lights are still there. I ran for codes and I get 1417. I have tried the resetting the ESP ( turning steering wheel left right home) no luck, I checked my axle nuts. Both are tight , i pulled all fuses and unhooked the battery, no lick.I checked all my wires, the only issue I found was a light was on my rear right speed sensor was off the mounting clip a little, there was a slightly melted spot where the wire got rubbed, it did not look like it even melted enough to get to the wire. Just I case I cut, sliced, soldered and melted a rubber shrinking tube over it to protect it from weather. Still nothing has worked. Can anyone give me a opinion other then taking it to a stealership. That's my last option. Oh and btw, I'm posting on my iPhone. So if there's any typos, sorry :(

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Alright, I'm new here but I've done alot of creeping on this site, I can't find a direct answer and I wouldn't mind hearing someone else's opinion, I was driving one day and I got a ding, I looked at my cluster and I had the low tire pressure warning, I drove another 2 days without checking ( stupid me) and out of no where I get another ding, this time I get 3 lights plus my low pressure, so I get the abs, eps/bas and the traction control. So I pulled over and turned the car off and turn it back on after 2 mins. Still all the warnings. So when I get home I filled the tire up thinking it would get rid of the other 3 lights, wrong! All 3 lights are still there. I ran for codes and I get 1417. I have tried the resetting the ESP ( turning steering wheel left right home) no luck, I checked my axle nuts. Both are tight , i pulled all fuses and unhooked the battery, no lick.I checked all my wires, the only issue I found was a light was on my rear right speed sensor was off the mounting clip a little, there was a slightly melted spot where the wire got rubbed, it did not look like it even melted enough to get to the wire. Just I case I cut, sliced, soldered and melted a rubber shrinking tube over it to protect it from weather. Still nothing has worked. Can anyone give me a opinion other then taking it to a stealership. That's my last option. Oh and btw, I'm posting on my iPhone. So if there's any typos, sorry :(
Sharper,

Was it a U1417 code? If so here is the code definition and possible causes.

U1417-IMPLAUSIBLE LEFT WHEEL DISTANCE SIGNAL RECEIVED

Theory of Operation

The PCM receives:

Wheel speed and wheel distance CAN bus messages from the Anti-lock Brake module.

A/C Pressure, Ambient Air Temperature and Fuel Level CAN bus messages from the TIPM.

When Monitored:
With the ignition on, battery voltage between 9 and 16 volts, and engine run time greater than 3 seconds.

Set Condition:
The PCM either doesn't receive a bus message or receives an implausible bus message from the Anti-Lock Brake Module.

Possible Causes

CAN C BUS OPEN OR SHORTED CONDITION
NO POWER TO ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE - MODULE UNPLUGGED OR OPEN FUSE
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just says 1417 then done, it don't say any, so what do you suggest? Change the rear speed sensor? If so, is this a easy plug and play thing? And is 1417 strictly for the left wheel? Like I said in my first post, there was a slight melted spot on the sensor cable. It was rubbing something. But no exposed wire. But that don't mean it didn't short the sensor right? Is there a way I can figure out which side it is? Or should I just change them both for the sake of it? The cables only seem to run 25-30 each?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
While I cannot offer advice on what you should do to repair the vehicle I would say to make sure that power is getting to the components and that no fuses are blown. Hopefully another member will come on and offer you the repair advice you are seeking to solve your issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the help, would you happen to know which fuses are for the abs esp system? ive checked all the fuses twice, i have a fuse box in my trunk and under my hood

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had this issue on my 06 after an incident tore off the inner lining from the left front wheel well. The plug for the ABS sensor was disconnected. After re-plugging it, the light went off after re-starting the engine, I don't recall but I want to say I had to drive like 20 feet or so for it to go off again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, 2 days ago drove over a speed bump and I got abs and esp/bas took it the shop and it was the rear left wheel hub bearing that needed replacement. Hope you get it fix

1 - 8 of 8 Posts