Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at a 2009 Dodge Charger rt for 5,900 it has 152,000 miles on it clean title no obvious dents or exterior problems but I was wondering if that’s too many miles and it says error code P0462 which is fuel level sensor A circuit low input is that a big problem or is it an easy fix also is that a good price for the miles and that slight problem it says it has? Also says could use TLC which I’m not sure what that is

·
Registered
920 Posts
132,000 would be average miles for an '09, so it's a little high, but not too much. It does affect the resale, but from a wear and tear standpoint, it's not enough of a difference to worry about.

"Clean title" is a something that always makes me wonder. Why would you say that in an ad? Wouldn't that be the default? Sometimes "clean title" can be curbstoner-speak for "title in someone else's name". Depending on your state, that could turn out to be a real headache for you when it comes time to register it.

Fuel pump/sensor issues can be a royal pain to fix on these cars. Check YouTube to see what's involved. On a car of that age, for a second or third owner with limited resources, sometimes the way to resolve a problem like that is "sell the car". You can also check here to see if the car may have been affected by a fuel system recall. Generally it's not a big problem with the right diagnostics and tools, but you have to wonder in a case like this whether to walk away or not, or at least to subtract the cost of repair from the selling price.

"Needs TLC" in a car ad generally translates to "I've really let this car go to hell, but when you point any of the obvious problems out to be in person, I'm just going to say, 'I said it needs some TLC'."

As far as price, on an 11 year old car, it's all about condition. If you get there and it's a one-owner car, clean as a whistle, always garaged, with the original title in the seller's name and just needs a sensor replaced, $5900 might be a good price. If it's sitting in the weeds behind the barn, spur marks all over it, it smells musty inside, the dash lights up like a Christmas tree and it blows smoke all over when you start it, plus it's got a skipped title in someone else's name besides the seller, then that price is way too high.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts