Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, long time ChargerForum reader here, but this is my first time posting. I have learned so much from all of you already and would love to pick your brains on this matter.

I purchased a 09 Charger R/T which I believe to be road and track pack around two months ago. I have limited knowledge as to the history of this vehicle prior to the purchase.

My question: I have consistently ran 4.8-4.9 by loading the torque converter around 1500 rpms, easing of the line, then WOT. To my knowledge, the only mods on my Charger is a ESP delete (that I did myself) and straight pipes after the cats. I've gathered from other post that a semi stock r/t's runs 5.3-5.8. Could there be other mods that I havnt found, or is this within the realm of stock R/T?

I am pretty mechanically inclined and have checked the obvious stuff; CAI, throttle body, headers. I also believe that the tune is stock because the shift points are still stock and before the esp delete, torque management was still in place.

Thanks in advance!
-Adam

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Hey guys, long time ChargerForum reader here, but this is my first time posting. I have learned so much from all of you already and would love to pick your brains on this matter.

I purchased a 09 Charger R/T which I believe to be road and track pack around two months ago. I have limited knowledge as to the history of this vehicle prior to the purchase.

My question: I have consistently ran 4.8-4.9 by loading the torque converter around 1500 rpms, easing of the line, then WOT. To my knowledge, the only mods on my Charger is a ESP delete (that I did myself) and straight pipes after the cats. I've gathered from other post that a semi stock r/t's runs 5.3-5.8. Could there be other mods that I havnt found, or is this within the realm of stock R/T?

I am pretty mechanically inclined and have checked the obvious stuff; CAI, throttle body, headers. I also believe that the tune is stock because the shift points are still stock and before the esp delete, torque management was still in place.

Thanks in advance!
-Adam

It's possible it got those numbers mostly stock. Several magazines with long term cars in their fleets report slightly better numbers on later performance tests. They usually do initial tests on mostly green, unbroken engines and on follow up tests before they return the cars to the manufacturers, these usually post better numbers. Better tires than original manufacturer stuff can have a positive effect too.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
In order to post times they need to be able to reproduce them within a set tolerance. No idea what that actually is but 4.9 from 5.3 seems like it is not that far off. You just happen to have a real winner. Also keep in mind temps and altitude could be at play as well.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
How are you measuring the 0-60 and also are you getting any tire spin off the line? It is possible, curious as to how you disabled the ESP.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the 0-60 timer in the extended evic. And I get very little tire spin by easing of the line for maybe 3-4 feet before WOT. I wired a switch off the yaw sensor under the center console to disable the ESP system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts