Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of the pieces in my '09 Charger's driver and passenger side ac vents are damaged. I want to replace them, but I want to make sure there's nothing funny about removing these before I start digging in. The last thing I want to do is break something in the dash that would take significant work to repair. Anyone have some experience removing these?

Driver's side part is 1LC551DVAA.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
A few of the pieces in my '09 Charger's driver and passenger side ac vents are damaged. I want to replace them, but I want to make sure there's nothing funny about removing these before I start digging in. The last thing I want to do is break something in the dash that would take significant work to repair. Anyone have some experience removing these?

Driver's side part is 1LC551DVAA.
Judging by the pictures here it looks like it's just four clips, two on each side. It might have two clips up top too, but I can't tell from the photos.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to get it out cleanly. There are four clips, as in the posted pic link, that hold the outer trim on. You have to release these by going into the vent itself and pulling the side walls inward. I used a small long flat blade inserted into the vent retainer clips openings (mentioned below). If you try and release the clips by prying between the dash and the outside of the trim, you'll break the trim clips.

The AC vent itself is held in at four places. You can see these by shining a light into the vent. They're at the front four corners. Once the trim is off, you can press the retaining pieces in from the outside and remove the vent.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts