Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure why but this is for the 08 Magnum and not the Charger.
It's a partial redesign so it may have to be retested for HP output.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i thought the 2.7 liter had 270 hp

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
wow im sorry i meant 170 (as i drink another one)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The 2.7 had 200 hp in the old Sebring and 190 in the LX.

Maybe the drop has something to do with it being a flex fuel engine now???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dodges site puts the 2.7 at 190. My mechanic says it has a + or - of 6 hp and they always list the plus and round up..he could be wrong but thats a real specific answer to my question and he didnt even stutter when he said it.......

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The 2.7 had 200 hp in the old Sebring and 190 in the LX.

Maybe the drop has something to do with it being a flex fuel engine now???
i think this is probably right. i think the flex fuel engines run a lower compression than normal since they take e85.

·
Registered
502 Posts
E85 has a higher octane rating that regular (i think it is even higher that premium) so they wouldn't lower the compression for that. If they tested the output with E85 they would have got lower numbers though.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
E85 has a higher octane rating that regular (i think it is even higher that premium) so they wouldn't lower the compression for that. If they tested the output with E85 they would have got lower numbers though.
E85 is 105 octane.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It seems counterintuitive that E85 has a higher octane rating but when you use it in a flex-fuel vehicle the output goes down along with the mileage. :knockout:

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
E85 is a higher octane, and Ford reported a 5% hp INCREASE when using E85 in their FFV's...as for the lower gas mileage, might be lack of specific engine tuning

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
E85 is a higher octane, and Ford reported a 5% hp INCREASE when using E85 in their FFV's...as for the lower gas mileage, might be lack of specific engine tuning
Ford is full of it, you will never get better gas mileage with E85 than gasoline. Gasoline has a much higher energy content than E85.

The web site could always be wrong. If you look at the specs for the SE model in a different area of the web site it says 186 HP at 6400 RPM.

The web site also says the R/T is down to 335 HP and 375 lb/ft of torque this year.

It's 1972 all over again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts