Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle:
08 Charger RT Police Pack, 140 000km
Plenty of work done to it but that should have no effect on my situation.

Problem:

https://youtu.be/tKYzE0sYQMw

https://youtu.be/0sPeglp0pOM

08 Charger RT wont turn over and cannot move shifter out of park.

Back story:
Hate to admit it, but under the hood was a mess with wiring, just a complete rats nest. So, I drove to a friends shop, removed the bumper and headlights and spent about an hour cleaning up loose and random wires from under there.

What I mean by that is, there have been numerous small electronic mods done to the car in the past ie. LEDs in the grill, aftermarket fog lights etc. All of which worked fine, I had just decided I wasn't into that anymore and wanted it all removed and cleaned up.

I then reinstall the headlights (which have HID's installed), obviously test all the lights before l reinstall the bumper. Everything worked normally. Reinstall the bumper, go to start the vehicle and this is what I get. (see videos)

The battery seemed weaker so we decided to jump it, no luck.

I've heard many stories of the starter relay failing, so I switched it with a matching relay, I believe its the windshield wiper relay, regardless, same relay. Still no luck.

And to boot, the vehicle will not move out of Park.

I realize I may have shorted something out while doing this wiring clean up, but I feel as if I would've noticed a spark or two, plus, everything is fused so I can't see that being an issue.

The vehicle had sat all winter and I know the battery is weak, but it had been driving fine the past few days with no sign of troubles starting each morning.

I'm really hoping I didn't fry anything under there, but is that a possibility? Or are these all tell tail signs of a starter that randomly shat the bed?

Sorry for the long read, I just wanted to make sure you have all the info I thought pertinent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm just guessing on this.... But it kinda looks like a security issue. Maybe your key is cut to fit the ignition but it's not recognizing the chip inside it.... Try a different key if you have one or research how to reprogram your key... It's just an idea... Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts