Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the problem.... i have on order a 08 r/t w/ road and track, nav, rear tv... wont be built till Nov 2nd.... i can go get a 07 SRT right now... does not have the nav or tv..... but i can add that stuff later.... i dont know what to do... wait or get a good deal on a srt8..... any advice would be great....

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
get the SRT...no doubts hand down

if you want maximum performance that is

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
How do you drive?

If you are a mx performance guy there is no debate.

If you want good power and a smooth ride take the R/T

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i gave the dealership where i ordered the r/t and $1000. will i b able to get that back...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
get the SRT8 you wont regret it!. if all its missing is a nav..then i wouldnt sweat it..

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
If the dealer you gave the grand to has a SRT they will let you apply it to make the sale. its in their interest to sell the cars on their lot. Its in YOUR interest to get the SRT! you will not regret it. I LOVE driving mine!! its a RUSH!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are different dealerships. i would hate to lose money.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
they are different dealerships. i would hate to lose money.
you may lose it but think of the long term... what do you want to drive a year down the road... you can always mod the hell out of the RT and it will be a beast either way.:smoke:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Go to the dealer and tell them you have had a change of heart. Tell them you want your money back. Unless you signed somethign that says your money is non refundable, you should be ok. If you can't get the money back, tell the dealer that you really want an SRT and see if they can locate an 07 for you (and apply your 1000 to the SRT). There are still a lot on the ground. Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i will be getting the SRT8 tomorrow, if everything goes good with my trade

·
Registered
792 Posts
SRT8 all the way! Best move I've ever made

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
i will be getting the SRT8 tomorrow, if everything goes good with my trade
you will absolutely never regret that decision! Welcome to the SRT 'dark side'!!!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Just go find an SRT-8 w/ the Nav. It's a GREAT nav system with many features, Sirius radio, etc.

Forget the R/T, you'll always regret it if you like performance, handling, braking, etc.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
you may lose it but think of the long term... what do you want to drive a year down the road... you can always mod the hell out of the RT and it will be a beast either way.:smoke:
If only that were true

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Depends on your definition of beast. I personally would recommend people get the SRT-8 from the get go considerig it's not THAT much more than an R/T.
Agreed...to each is his own though!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
This topic has been beat to death. The only reason to mod an R/T to be at SRT levels (roll you own), is if you own an R/T already. Transaction costs on trade-ins are a killer (taxes, depreciation, etc.). The OP is asking the right question at the right time, and getting the right answer.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Depends on your definition of beast. I personally would recommend people get the SRT-8 from the get go considerig it's not THAT much more than an R/T.
No, it doesn't.

For what it would take to mod a R/T to SRT8 levels of performance you will have spent twice the difference in price from the factory.

But that wasn't the point of my post. The point was actually that there are not a lot of good, inexpensive mods for either of these cars. People are spending thousands of dollars for marginal performance increases and tens of thousands for significant performance increases.

Maybe some day in the future we will be able to mod effectively and efficiently.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts