Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, i'm sorry if i only have a 2.7 charger, i've noticed most of you guys have hemi's. My car has been stalling frequently when im at a light. I have had the map sensors chaged, and i've also had the PCM replaced, today actually. Driving it away from the repair shop, my car stalled at the light a block away from the shop. Brought it back and they have no idea why it is doing it, said it could be the ignition switch but they're not sure. I checked for codes on the dashboard and it gave a 1128 code. While frustrated i do a lil research online and see's there's a recall for the ignition switch for my charger. Has anyone else had this problem recently and if so, do you believe that it is indeed the ignition switch and will be an good idea to go ahead and pay to get it replaced and wait to see if the recall is reimbursed? I need help you guys, this is my only vehicle to get to work. I really do appreciate your feedback...I dont know too much about cars by the way, any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I suspect you have a bad MAP sensor, MAP connection or possibly an intake manifold leak based on the 1128 code and the stalling.

The other options for that code relate to the O2 sensors, but that wouldn't cause a stall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I greatly appreciate it... I forgot to mention that before the computer, i had a map sensor changed and the car's carbon build up cleaned.

Question, i've recently started to hear like a blowing/hissing sound when i turn my key to the off position, is that a sign of the intake manifold? While im sitting no pushing the gas or in park, it feels like my car is as i say "Thirsty" like it needs something, it kinda feels like its "putting" lil shaky as well.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
First thing to do is check the connection on the MAP sensor. There was a recent post of a similar issue that was due to a MAP connection that wasn't fully seated and locked.

Do that first and then come back and we can chase other possibilities.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Thanks for the info, I greatly appreciate it... I forgot to mention that before the computer, i had a map sensor changed and the car's carbon build up cleaned.

Question, i've recently started to hear like a blowing/hissing sound when i turn my key to the off position, is that a sign of the intake manifold? While im sitting no pushing the gas or in park, it feels like my car is as i say "Thirsty" like it needs something, it kinda feels like its "putting" lil shaky as well.
The Service Manual also mentions the map sensor. These are the possible causes for the P1128 code. Hopefully this helps.

FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM
ECT SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
MAP SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
O2 SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
ENGINE MECHANICAL SYSTEM
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so after the whole day of my car being at the shop, it seems as if the o2 sensors are giving off a heat of around 11,000 or something like that they said so they think the bad o2 sensors were the cause of my computer to go out or short or whatever. On top of still believing its the recalled ignition module that is causing my car to cutt off...I dont know what the crap to do right now besides as soon as i save enough cash, get rid of the thing. So theyre going to change the sensors on monday and see if thats the problem, after that im going to show them the list of things that were mentioned above and tell them to check all of that thoroughly cause im honestly fed up with this car!!! Thanks for the info you guys...Happy Holidays!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: So o2 sensors have been changed, and it is still stalling, Technician is checking some wires i think he said wire harness or the wires that connect to the pcm from wherever the o2 sensors are, cause he has changed the o2 sensor and the wire that connects the sensor to the connecter, they feel the pcm may have shorted again and i will need a new one (I think i have an argument, that i shouldnt have to pay for a new pcm if the o2 sensor wiring was detected, before the first new, dont you think?) i really dont know whats going on, would really appreciate different feeedback, ideas, etc. thanks everyone so much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts