Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
If I didnt have so much into mine I would buy it in a heartbeat. Its the color I wanted more than anything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
List Price With Everything But Nav And Rear Seat Video Is 38,395 Then Take A 2k Discount And $2,500 Rebate And You Can Have One For $33,895.00 !

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The antenna just kills me. If it didn't look like a remote control car it would sell well. If not better than the other Daytona's. That was the color I wanted.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I think it will sell just as good/bad as other daytona's in the past. The color is OK, I much prefer mine, so naturally Im a little partial. Id rather have a GoMango than a Hemi Orange though for sure. This doesnt do too much for me. And yes, that rebate is a sick deal, I priced one myself on Dodge like two days ago, hard to pass up that deal. Dont worry bout that antenna either. Ive heard it can be taken off no problem. The Impala my family owns had a similar antenna and it just unscrews off and looks just fine.

Look at it this way: Im sure somebody will come out with the '08 antenna mod and itll be just another thing for them guys to buy! Hahaha :D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It will sell.....it's the color for sure. It just reminds folks (especially those who were around back in day!:wink:) of the older cars, and the nice colors they had.

But.....I think Dodge is smoking :smoke: for making another 'limited' run, like Dodge is doing so well they can turn away sales after 1600 units are sold.

Nothing against you Daytona owners, but let's face it, the 'limited edition' numbers mean squat. If they keep making Dayona's year after year, who cares if there numbered? Just look on Ebay....there is no premium at all for numbered Daytonas.....I think Dodge could have a nice sale boost if they increase the output for this color.

- Mark

·
Registered
111 Posts
It will sell.....it's the color for sure. It just reminds folks (especially those who were around back in day!:wink:) of the older cars, and the nice colors they had.

But.....I think Dodge is smoking :smoke: for making another 'limited' run, like Dodge is doing so well they can turn away sales after 1600 units are sold.

Nothing against you Daytona owners, but let's face it, the 'limited edition' numbers mean squat. If they keep making Dayona's year after year, who cares if there numbered? Just look on Ebay....there is no premium at all for numbered Daytonas.....I think Dodge could have a nice sale boost if they increase the output for this color.

- Mark
I couldn't agree more with this entire post! Well said.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
I agree with what everyone else has said, it will sell just as well as all other Daytona colors have sold. They packaged some goodies with these to make sure to get your attention: standard remote start and seat/side curtain airbags. I also agree that DCX needs to stop making one every year.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I wish they would take some different pics for the brochures.

Rex

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
1650 seems to be an odd number. Maybe this will be the last one though. If you look at the new Daytona's history, there were 3 colors in 2006 (GoMango, Top Banana, TorRed), 2 colors in 2007 (Sublime, Plum Crazy), that leaves one for 2008? I guess we'll see. With the start up of the Challenger, I see Chrysler losing interest in the Daytona. :confused:

·
Registered
998 Posts
That's to bad, but at the same time it does lend some exclusivity to the name badge if they were to stop production. I just know, that after the past 2 years and seeing all the different colors come out for the chargers, i got the one i wanted :)

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Nothing against you Daytona owners, but let's face it, the 'limited edition' numbers mean squat. If they keep making Dayona's year after year, who cares if there numbered?
I agree.

Add to that statement the fact that the Road & Track R/T is the EXACT SAME CAR, except for the colour and the decals, and it makes little sense to limit the Daytona production.

(I think the R&T R/T should be called the R/Tona ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
The "Limited" daytonas mean alot to me......means that out of my car, there are only 1500 runnin around that look like it.....not 1 million normal color chargers i see everyday.....and that is all that matters to me

:)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I agree.

Add to that statement the fact that the Road & Track R/T is the EXACT SAME CAR, except for the colour and the decals, and it makes little sense to limit the Daytona production.

(I think the R&T R/T should be called the R/Tona ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

-=FLEX=-
In a 100 years they will be classics for our great great great Grand children to enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The "Limited" daytonas mean alot to me......means that out of my car, there are only 1500 runnin around that look like it.....not 1 million normal color chargers i see everyday.....and that is all that matters to me

no ones mistakin me for a airport rental car

:)
I'm pretty satisfied with 1 of the 4000 top bananas made. I like the Daytona number and all -- but then all people are not made to like the same things :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts