Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not like factory. If you look at how the center console of the 08 attaches to the dash vs. how it attaches on your 06, you will see why. Now, if you wanted to go through some custom work, you could probably blend the center console into the dash, or you could replace the dash as well.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not like factory. If you look at how the center console of the 08 attaches to the dash vs. how it attaches on your 06, you will see why. Now, if you wanted to go through some custom work, you could probably blend the center console into the dash, or you could replace the dash as well.
Believe me it's not that serious. I wanted a plug and play solution, kinda like the Cabin Air Filter. I'll just get another one if I want it that bad.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'd like to retro fit the cup holder lights.

·
Registered
151 Posts
For the Map lights in the doors, it looks like (from the pictures only) that where the LED is mounted could be fitted into our 07 or older LX's by replacing that piece and running some wires.
To put the lighting in the cup holders, this could be done as well. I have been thinking of a way to conceal the LEDs in the cup holder and how to wire up the LEDs to come on only when the lights are on and the cup holder door is open. I figure the switch would need to be mounted in a position so when the door is closed, the switch is off using the tab on the door to press the switch. I have other things that I am working on with my Charger, so this is something in the back of my mind. Hopefully, it gives you some ideas.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the Map lights in the doors, it looks like (from the pictures only) that where the LED is mounted could be fitted into our 07 or older LX's by replacing that piece and running some wires.
To put the lighting in the cup holders, this could be done as well. I have been thinking of a way to conceal the LEDs in the cup holder and how to wire up the LEDs to come on only when the lights are on and the cup holder door is open. I figure the switch would need to be mounted in a position so when the door is closed, the switch is off using the tab on the door to press the switch. I have other things that I am working on with my Charger, so this is something in the back of my mind. Hopefully, it gives you some ideas.

I guess we would need a cutaway of the console and the doors to check that out.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'd like to retro fit the cup holder lights.
I actually like the look of the whole cupholder assembly blending into the console, and the lights are nice as well. I wish they would have done this to begin with. To me it is not worth the price of trading up or getting a custom conversion so I will keep what I have:D .

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Im gonna go check out the inner panel inside the front storage area...that looks like it can fit inside the 07s...as far as the illuminated cup holders...check out streetglow...they have those thin flexible fiber optic type leds...u probably could maybe make some sort of a gash inside the cupholder and stick the led in it...then connect it to the main lights...so anytime u turn on ur lights they come on also...

http://streetglow.com/site/led.ledstrips6.php

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im gonna go check out the inner panel inside the front storage area...that looks like it can fit inside the 07s...as far as the illuminated cup holders...check out streetglow...they have those thin flexible fiber optic type leds...u probably could maybe make some sort of a gash inside the cupholder and stick the led in it...then connect it to the main lights...so anytime u turn on ur lights they come on also...

http://streetglow.com/site/led.ledstrips6.php

Nice, I may look into this option a little more

·
Registered
68 Posts
for lighting the cup holders and the bottom of the arm rest, you can also use this stuff called "EL WIRE" (electroluminesent wire), it is very flexible and comes in different colors. This place has alot of different colors and sizes. http://www.coolight.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts