Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the month wait of having my car at Diablo I got the ok to come and pick up the car on saturday. I wasnt able to really beat on it till monday when i drove home from palm beach. Man what a difference the tune made, a slight roll on the accelerator in first gear and she just lights em up. Johan had it tuned to break em loose on the 1-2 shift but it was going to lean at the top end of the tune. So he brought it down a bit and it still shifts like a animal. As far as highway driving goes as soon as I step on the gas from any cruise speed, this thing is gone with no lag or hesitation. I have to go back because he was able to change the shift point to 6400 so I need to get that update when i pickup my programmer. But overall i am very happy with the results that came just from a tune. I will post up the dyno sheet as soon as I get home. And Im sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys, but there wasnt much to report since they had a lot of roadblocks that they hit with the 07' ecu.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and it was a 30 hp gain and I believe the same gain as far as for the TQ.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Ya, they most likely did all the tuning on a dyno etc... Safe to say its a RWHP gain.

·
Registered
488 Posts
30 rwhp, but on 93 octane ...any numbers on 91?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Awesome. I have mine ordered and can't wait for what it will do and even more, for what it will allow me to do going forward.

I guess this tuner will create more aftermarket products that have been limited thus far. How will this change the way superchargers are currently designed? They all seem to have their own method to bypassing the fuel/air issues, which adds to the price, but this tune should take care of that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no idea about the 91 octane tune. You would have to ask them directly.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thanks for the update!

Do you know if they played with your transmission line pressure?

Hopefully not......

Looking forward to getting one at some point soon.

:grin:

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
No 93 in Cali. You can find some 100+ but it's $$$$$$.
No 93.... What kind of Tree Hugging Commie Bastards are running that state?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Any CEL's yet??

·
Registered
351 Posts
Congrats on getting your baby back. Yup, it's been quite a few years since we've had 93.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I always fill with 93 - I will drive past a station with only 91....

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I JUST MISSED a great deal on 93 octane last week when I filled up.

Right as I was pulling in, the guy had just changed the sign (to raise the price on all octanes), and was walking in to the station (to raise it obviously). I quickly started getting gas, knowing that any moment the price was going up. As soon as I finished, the pump picked up the new price.

Ahhh, but he messed up - and put the 91 price on the 93 octane, and vice versa. I could've bought 93 for a 91 price (albeit somewhat improperly, but hey he's the one that messed up).

But, I am a very honest person. I told him right away of his mistake, and he had not realized it. He fixed that real quick, and thanked me several times, including walking out as I was leaving to thank me again. He probably would have gotten in big trouble with the boss.

I've yet to fill up with 93, but next fill up I probably will, since the Predator should be AT MY DOOR very soon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone had any release date updates or if there was more feedback on the test mule...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts