Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol my cousins have those cars and keep annoying met that there gonna beat me blah blah blah!? can they? or should i just rip there life appart? haha

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I have a 06 STS and though its a fast car, its more a sport luxury vehicle. Its as heavy as your charger with only 330 hp. You should take him. The is 250 is a joke, not even in your league. Now the IS350 is another story 306 hp and alot lighter.... they are quick cars.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yea. the STS's are pretty quick, but i dont think they can out do a 5.7L especially if your even lightly modified.

the is250 is gonna get dusted

***edited in below***
all stats taken from edmunds.com

charger:
Powertrains and Performance
The 2007 Dodge Charger has three engine options. The 2.7-liter V6 produces 190 hp and 190 pound-feet of torque and comes with a four-speed automatic transmission. The upgraded 3.5-liter V6 is good for 250 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque. The 5.7-liter V8 delivers 340 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque, and delivers a 0-60-mph time of approximately 6 seconds. It also comes with a multi-displacement system that shuts down four of the eight cylinders when full power is not needed. Both the larger V6 and the V8 come with a standard five-speed automatic transmission. The SRT8's 6.1-liter V8 is good for 425 hp and propels the car to a 0-60-mph time in the low 5-second range. A five-speed automatic transmission with a specially calibrated AutoStick automanual mode is standard.

is250:
As one may infer from the model name, a 2.5-liter V6 powers the IS 250. It makes a respectable 204 horsepower and 185 pound-feet of torque. Buyers may choose either rear-wheel or all-wheel drive. One may have either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic in the rear-drive IS 250, while the AWD version is automatic only. Our test of a manual-transmission IS 250 yielded a respectable 0-60 time of 7.5 seconds, but expect automatic-equipped models to be at least a half-second slower.

sts:
The standard engine on the 2008 Cadillac STS is a 3.6-liter V6 that produces 302 horsepower and 272 lb-ft of torque. Despite a significant increase in horsepower for 2008, fuel efficiency has improved and tailpipe emissions have been reduced. The optional engine choice is a 4.6-liter V8 making 320 hp and 315 lb-ft of torque. Both engines come only with a six-speed automatic transmission, and both can be ordered in rear-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive guise. In performance testing, the STS V8 reached 60 mph in 6.3 seconds. Considering that the new V6 accelerates with similar gusto and turns in better fuel mileage, it's hard to justify the V8's added price and weight.

the sts is heavy and the 5.7L should break 6 second 0-60 easily honestly.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah i raced my cuz who owns an IS250, I knew i would get him but i didn't think i was gonna rape him! LOL I beat him by like 10-15 cars. No joke! It was fun though.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Just don't race the upcoming 2008 STS-V. That's supposed to have around 469 supercharged HP. 0-60 under 5 seocnds.
It will be a tough kill for an SRT

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
yea. the STS's are pretty quick, but i dont think they can out do a 5.7L especially if your even lightly modified.

the is250 is gonna get dusted

***edited in below***
all stats taken from edmunds.com

charger:
The 2007 Dodge Charger has three engine options. The 2.7-liter V6 produces 190 hp and 190 pound-feet of torque and comes with a four-speed automatic transmission. The upgraded 3.5-liter V6 is good for 250 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque. The 5.7-liter V8 delivers 340 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque, and delivers a 0-60-mph time of approximately 6 seconds. It also comes with a multi-displacement system that shuts down four of the eight cylinders when full power is not needed. Both the larger V6 and the V8 come with a standard five-speed automatic transmission. The SRT8's 6.1-liter V8 is good for 425 hp and propels the car to a 0-60-mph time in the low 5-second range. A five-speed automatic transmission with a specially calibrated AutoStick automanual mode is standard.

is250:
As one may infer from the model name, a 2.5-liter V6 powers the IS 250. It makes a respectable 204 horsepower and 185 pound-feet of torque. Buyers may choose either rear-wheel or all-wheel drive. One may have either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic in the rear-drive IS 250, while the AWD version is automatic only. Our test of a manual-transmission IS 250 yielded a respectable 0-60 time of 7.5 seconds, but expect automatic-equipped models to be at least a half-second slower.

sts:
, it's hPowertrains and Performance
The standard engine on the 2008 Cadillac STS is a 3.6-liter V6 that produces 302 horsepower and 272 lb-ft of torque. Despite a significant increase in horsepower for 2008, fuel efficiency has improved and tailpipe emissions have been reduced. The optional engine choice is a 4.6-liter V8 making 320 hp and 315 lb-ft of torque. Both engines come only with a six-speed automatic transmission, and both can be ordered in rear-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive guise. In performance testing, the STS V8 reached 60 mph in 6.3 seconds. Considering that the new V6 accelerates with similar gusto and turns in better fuel mileageard to justify the V8's added price and weight.

the sts is heavy and the 5.7L should break 6 second 0-60 easily honestly.....
I stand corrected I always thought my STS was 330 not 320. And i agree the STS-V is a beast. I drove an 07 and it was way fast but couldn't swing a deal i could justify to the Dear Wife. Pretty happy with my SRT, having a lot of fun with this car...(second childhood)

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I stand corrected I always thought my STS was 330 not 320. And i agree the STS-V is a beast. I drove an 07 and it was way fast but couldn't swing a deal i could justify to the Dear Wife. Pretty happy with my SRT, having a lot of fun with this car...(second childhood)
Hmmm, $76k for the Cadillac STS-V versus $41k for the SRT with almost the exact same performance (sub 5 second 0-60 times). Looks like you've got at least $30k in mod money. perhaps a supercharger or a crate 426? Or both??? :devil:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i think you guys are thinking of the CTS-V

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Nope. STS-V will be at 469hp
Yep, the current STS-V is rated an 469HP. Nice cushy ride.
The current CTS-V is rated at 400HP, and is slightly faster than the STS-V.
SRT8 is a bit faster than both:lol: , but CTS-V out handles the SRT.

No CTS-V for 2008, but a new 500HP model coming in 2009......MSRP will likely move up towards $60k from current ($54k).

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i saw my first CTS-V when i was in alaska withouot even knowing they made a performance model of the CTS. it was beautiful. i really like those cars.

would never trade my r/t even for a ctsV tho ;)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
there was a guy at the track last night that had a CTS-V. It was a nice car. He was completely stock, and he was running in the low 14's. I have a stock R/T and I was running 15.2 all night. So yea they will beat a 5.7.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
vegas it seems.

**** i do worse. havnt gotten a good time. but i know it.
houston tx is miserable for speed.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
The CTS-V is a great performance car. It handles better than the SRT8 - a lot more precise. However, for the first couple of years the rear ends blew up constantly. Plus, the car is not very attractive. I am not a fan of Caddy's Art & Science themes. The only one that looks ok is the XLR.

The last generation Seville was much more attractive. Too bad it had FWD on it or it could have competed with a 5 series. The CTS looks like a big car that someone took some scissors to in order to get it down to size.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.